Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hosham UKIP public meeting tonight in Horsham at 19:30

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I put my faith in the scientists who have spent years, studying, researching and experimenting the climate of this planet. If a substantial body of them, and not ones paid by oil companies to investigate climate change, believe that we are damaging the world then I'm inclined to agree with them. Even if, let's just say, that our contribution to climate change has been grossly overstated, are you happy at the thought we will have used up our natural resources in the relatively near future? Do you not care for what may be waiting for our children and grandchildren down the line? With regards to China and India, hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil your policy is it? Just because they don't give a toss gives us an excuse to follow suit does it? We should be leading by example, especially when we have the resources to do so.

Well, perhaps you should put your faith in scientists that do not agree.

Climate change PROVED to be 'nothing but a lie', claims top meteorologist.
John Coleman, who co-founded the Weather Channel, shocked academics by insisting the theory of man-made climate change was no longer scientifically credible.
Instead, what 'little evidence' there is for rising global temperatures points to a 'natural phenomenon' within a developing eco-system.
In an open letter attacking the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, he wrote: "The ocean is not rising significantly.
"The polar ice is increasing, not melting away. Polar Bears are increasing in number.
"Heat waves have actually diminished, not increased. There is not an uptick in the number or strength of storms (in fact storms are diminishing).
"I have studied this topic seriously for years. It has become a political and environment agenda item, but the science is not valid."

Mr Coleman said he based many of his views on the findings of the NIPCC, a non-governmental international body of scientists aimed at offering an 'independent second opinion of the evidence reviewed by the IPCC.'
http://www.express.co.uk/news/natur...rming-not-real-claims-weather-channel-founder

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Well, perhaps you should put your faith in scientists that do not agree.

Climate change PROVED to be 'nothing but a lie', claims top meteorologist.
John Coleman, who co-founded the Weather Channel, shocked academics by insisting the theory of man-made climate change was no longer scientifically credible.
Instead, what 'little evidence' there is for rising global temperatures points to a 'natural phenomenon' within a developing eco-system.
In an open letter attacking the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, he wrote: "The ocean is not rising significantly.
"The polar ice is increasing, not melting away. Polar Bears are increasing in number.
"Heat waves have actually diminished, not increased. There is not an uptick in the number or strength of storms (in fact storms are diminishing).
"I have studied this topic seriously for years. It has become a political and environment agenda item, but the science is not valid."

Mr Coleman said he based many of his views on the findings of the NIPCC, a non-governmental international body of scientists aimed at offering an 'independent second opinion of the evidence reviewed by the IPCC.'
http://www.express.co.uk/news/natur...rming-not-real-claims-weather-channel-founder

Ah yes the Daily Express, known for their stream of quality articles on the weather.

Joking aside, I said I believed a "substantial body". I in no way inferred that negative climate change was universally believed by the scientific community. I am more inclined to agree with the American Meteorological Society than I am with a windbag like Coleman.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Twist twist spin spin. Lol! You're quick to pick on one element of a post and highlight it and twist it to your own agenda.
Do I really need to explain my reference to red tape? I'm sure you know how I referred to it.

The fact is that it's UKplc that are pushing down wages and working conditions. The EU safeguards IMO are not enough but at least they are something.

Come on, be British, it was you that referred to red tape as a positive aspect of the EU, I could have made a lot more of it that I did. I could have made the point that it actually prevented internal trade in the EU, one of the undoubted advantages of the EU.......but I didn't, so I will do so now.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...u-red-tape-report-from-the-business-taskforce

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/research/centres/eri/bulletin/2008-09-3/chen-novy/

As for the Directives and Regulations that seek to prevent the exploitation of workers, I would accept the intention of these laws, however the world has moved on, and the economic reality is that British workers are confronting decreasing wages and working conditions. If you think that this is dynamic is nothing to do with other EU rules, then you are struggling with the simple effect of supply and demand.

Free movement of labour in the EU means that employers can tap into this supply to THEIR advantage.........and that is why wages are falling for workers, particularly the low skilled. Frankly it's even worse now in other parts of the EU, and this is a direct consequence of EU economic policy.

It's not going to improve either because the EZ is bust.........

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Charity from the decadent bourgeoise as part of December's festival of capitalism........I don't think so.

Freedom for Tooting CF, Freedom for Tooting.

As an atheist from a family of Spud Thick Mick immigrant farmers and bricklayers I'm touched by your knowledge of my decadent upbringing.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
the trouble with folk like you (and you aint alone) is you clearly lack sense of humour, everything you hear is taken out of complete context.:facepalm:

you and others like you have been brainwashed by the bbc/ media/establishment by ways of propaganda to an extent you haven't even realised it.:facepalm:

they've indoctrinated you so much so that you no longer have a mind of your own.:facepalm:

the pc brigades game is all about digging up slander and aiming it towards anyone who isn't seen to be part of the status quo, lets get this right if im not mistaken lad that is fascism and definitely not the kind you interpret fascism to be.:tosser:

plus you mention carswell and the fact that you think he's in favour of privatising the NHS which proves you obviously haven't read up on UKIPS manifesto or if you had you wouldn't have come up with that conclusion. media as always put their usual spin on things and the likes of you always take the bait.:facepalm:

finally pal I don't mean to be patronising when I say this but I pity you and others like you. you are all lost causes.:p

Oh I don't know. I find it's always healthy to confront opinions and facts with other points of views/opinions/facts so that knowledge is shared, so that people can make informed decisions on something that is rather serious and doesn't really demand a 'sense of humour' - rather than resort to w@anker signs. But then, that's just me.

Regarding the NHS business, Carswell tweeted that
"Tesco (private) only delivers when I'm in. Royal Mail (previously public) only seems to deliver when I'm out."

When he said this:
“Tesco isn’t only open round the clock, they’ll deliver stuff to your door at a time that suits you. So how come ….. you can’t get to see a GP on a Saturday?“

and this:
“Compare the experience of many of my constituents as patients ….. with their experience as customers – 24-hour supermarkets, instant access, personalised service.“

and this:
"if we are serious about improving primary health care, we need not another round of restructuring, nor even necessarily money. Fundamentally, we need to look at how other countries around the world manage to provide health care...",

do you detect a leaning toward, oh I don't know, privatising the NHS? Oh, and before you think that making that link is a bit of a stretch, this is what Paul Nuttall, UKIP's deputy leader, said, after congratulating the coalition for "bringing a whiff of privatisation" to the NHS:
"I would argue that the very existence of the NHS stifles competition"..."competition drives quality, choice, innovation".

The Lib Dems' manifesto promised not to introduce university fees. Essentially, manifestos are words on a bit of paper that at their worst, have no bearing on a party's intentions, however well-meaning. Manifestos are there to get parties into power and can be ignored at the drop of a hat. If someone at the TOP of a political party expresses these views on the NHS, I'd suggest that these views are more relevant to the argument than anything written down. And if he's contradicting his own manifesto, it doesn't sound like UKIP know *what* they stand for.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Oh I don't know. I find it's always healthy to confront opinions and facts with other points of views/opinions/facts so that knowledge is shared, so that people can make informed decisions on something that is rather serious and doesn't really demand a 'sense of humour' - rather than resort to w@anker signs. But then, that's just me.

Regarding the NHS business, Carswell tweeted that
"Tesco (private) only delivers when I'm in. Royal Mail (previously public) only seems to deliver when I'm out."

When he said this:
“Tesco isn’t only open round the clock, they’ll deliver stuff to your door at a time that suits you. So how come ….. you can’t get to see a GP on a Saturday?“

and this:
“Compare the experience of many of my constituents as patients ….. with their experience as customers – 24-hour supermarkets, instant access, personalised service.“

and this:
"if we are serious about improving primary health care, we need not another round of restructuring, nor even necessarily money. Fundamentally, we need to look at how other countries around the world manage to provide health care...",

do you detect a leaning toward, oh I don't know, privatising the NHS? Oh, and before you think that making that link is a bit of a stretch, this is what Paul Nuttall, UKIP's deputy leader, said, after congratulating the coalition for "bringing a whiff of privatisation" to the NHS:
"I would argue that the very existence of the NHS stifles competition"..."competition drives quality, choice, innovation".

The Lib Dems' manifesto promised not to introduce university fees. Essentially, manifestos are words on a bit of paper that at their worst, have no bearing on a party's intentions, however well-meaning. Manifestos are there to get parties into power and can be ignored at the drop of a hat. If someone at the TOP of a political party expresses these views on the NHS, I'd suggest that these views are more relevant to the argument than anything written down. And if he's contradicting his own manifesto, it doesn't sound like UKIP know *what* they stand for.

The NHS is about as efficient as an open fire. Privatisation would be a good thing imo. All the inefficiency and waste would soon be drastically reduced. Those who can prove they are unable to afford a monthly health insurance fee would get subsidised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here