Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuff like marmite

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The Gus Poyet one really is ****ing ridiculous. One of our most successful managers of all time, playing the best football the Albion have EVER played.

Pmsl laughing, that's almost funny....Best football ever played??? Yeah 1 shot on target away from home,thrilling stuff. This is not an attack on Poyet's results. But best football ever played, do me a favour.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
A few mentions for Bovril. I think it was only ever meant as a hot drink not as a spread. Have tried it on toast and its a big no! Marmite speard with melted cheese is delicious.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
25% of my entire history of 'thumbs down' are now associated with my assertion of Vegimite superiority. I apologise and have sentenced myself to a packed lunch of Marmite sandwiches.

I will never blaspheme the hallowed yeast again.

Does it taste good with brie ?

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Seems like Gus Poyet is the marmite of football definitely - no middle ground

Can't go along with Celery. It's neither brilliant nor disgusting. I believe some of you young people would say Meh! In our household parmesan cheese divides opinion in very much the same way that religion did in 1980's Derry / Londonderry

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Leaving aside the vegemite controversy, to get back to the original post, I suggest the following:
UKIP
The EU
The Labour Party
The Tories
Smoking

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Leaving aside the vegemite controversy, to get back to the original post, I suggest the following:
UKIP
The EU
The Labour Party
The Tories
Smoking

Smoking possibly but the others surely not. There may be some hardcore supporters of each party but I'd say most would see some good things in all parties. I certainly couldn't say I agree 100% with any party. You see this very clearly with the Greens. I know many people who will vote Caroline Lucas as MP but not for Green councillors

And I'd say the EU is even more a grey area - yes, there are people like Cunning Fergus and Westdene Seagull who see no good in it whatsoever but I'd say they were a minority (and a small one at that). I'd say most of us could see some benefits and some drawbacks. In fact, I'd actually say that the EU is the diametric opposite of the marmite effect.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Courgettes, slimy nasty green snot.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
25% of my entire history of 'thumbs down' are now associated with my assertion of Vegimite superiority. I apologise and have sentenced myself to a packed lunch of Marmite sandwiches.

I will never blaspheme the hallowed yeast again.

Does it taste good with brie ?

Marmite and Cheddar is excellent, especially toasted.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Smoking possibly but the others surely not. There may be some hardcore supporters of each party but I'd say most would see some good things in all parties. I certainly couldn't say I agree 100% with any party. You see this very clearly with the Greens. I know many people who will vote Caroline Lucas as MP but not for Green councillors

And I'd say the EU is even more a grey area - yes, there are people like Cunning Fergus and Westdene Seagull who see no good in it whatsoever but I'd say they were a minority (and a small one at that). I'd say most of us could see some benefits and some drawbacks. In fact, I'd actually say that the EU is the diametric opposite of the marmite effect.
What tosh! Apart from arrogantly assuming that your view on the EU is a majority view (which pretty much proves my point), just read through the UKIP, the 'Labour must be desperate' and the 'Last nail in the coffin for the Tories' threads and see the amount of vitriol generated. Marmite doesn't even come close!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here