09:04 London Waterloo [WAT]

Walk

09:19 London Waterloo [WAT]
09:20 London Waterloo East [WAE]

09:48 London Waterloo East [WAE]
11:14 St Leonards Warrior Square [SLQ]

11:29 St Leonards Warrior Square [SLQ]
12:36 Falmer [FMR]

Anyone got any more stupid suggestions than that ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is what National Rail suggest I do on Saturday to get to the game:

06:55 Newbury [NBY]
07:21 Reading [RDG]

07:39 Reading [RDG]
09:04 London Waterloo [WAT]

Walk

09:19 London Waterloo [WAT]
09:20 London Waterloo East [WAE]

09:48 London Waterloo East [WAE]
11:14 St Leonards Warrior Square [SLQ]

11:29 St Leonards Warrior Square [SLQ]
12:36 Falmer [FMR]

Anyone got any more stupid suggestions than that ?

Move to Moulsecoomb or become a mature student at Sussex or Brighton Universities!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
get the rail replacement bus?

Try this. ...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1413447002.571048.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1413447002.571048.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 768

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Plan the trip to Brighton, getting to Falmer is easy once you're at Brighton station.

So do Newbury to Reading, Reading to Redhill, Redhill to Three Bridge, bus from Three Bridges to Brighton. Leaves Newbury at 9:56, gets into Brighton at 12:53, taking 2 hours and 57 minutes, which is pretty close to what it says it'd take to get to Brighton today.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
on a serious note, theres a service running Victoria to Brighton with out busses, via Horsham taking 2 hrs, you could pick up at clapham junction.

or get to East Croydon to pick up the southbound trains, then on the buses. there's train to Haywards Heath then get the bus to Lewes which may be quicker and Lewes-Falmer is easier without the queuing system.

as its the same trains, it looks like they want Brighton bound people to get off at Three Bridges onto buses, but Lewes/Eastbourne people stay until HH for their bus. smart people going to Falmer might want to take the latter option (probably alot less people)

Last edited:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
on a serious note, theres a service running Victoria to Brighton with out busses, via Horsham taking 2 hrs, you could pick up at clapham junction.

or get to East Croydon to pick up the southbound trains, then on the buses. there's train to Haywards Heath then get the bus to Lewes which may be quicker and Lewes-Falmer is easier without the queuing system.

as its the same trains, it looks like they want Brighton bound people to get off at Three Bridges onto buses, but Lewes/Eastbourne people stay until HH for their bus. smart people going to Falmer might want to take the latter option (probably alot less people)

Going via Lewes does look quicker once you take into account queueing at Brighton, as long as you get the direct bus to Lewes. On the other hand I think there's less buses to Lewes?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
tbh if i was coming from Newbury or anywhere west i'd look at the Southampton route or possibly the via Horsham, and avoid buses. if i was coming from London i might look at the buses to Lewes to avoid the "regular" Brighton bound traffic due to use those buses.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
All of the above is why I'm not coming this week.

Live in Balham and door to door normally takes 1h 15m so a 2.5h equivalent each way for a draw or loss is not appealing.

*sits back and waits for a milestone 4-0 victory*

All of the above is why I'm not coming this week.

Live in Balham and door to door normally takes 1h 15m so a 2.5h equivalent each way for a draw or loss is not appealing.

*sits back and waits for a milestone 4-0 victory*

Similar story for our son, who lives in Kennington, except that he's now off to Seattle on Saturday morning!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
get the rail replacement bus?

Have you ever seen 300-400 passengers ( who've all arrived within a few minutes at Three Bridges ) attempt to board a double decker only capable of carrying 72 people, ( and that's before you consider all the passengers from Gatwick accompanied by humungous amounts of luggage and the Crawley residents desperate to get somewhere more exciting for the day ).

Let's just pray they never do works between Brighton and Lewes on a match day because the carnage at the Bus Park will have to be seen to be believed.

The last time this happened to me was during the Withdean years. I had to stand all the way, including going at 55mph down the A23. Then the driver refused to stop at the bottom of Tongdean Lane because he was ' fast ' ( allegedly ). Consequently I ended up at Brighton Station and had to get a taxi back to Withdean. I missed the first 20 minutes of the first half against C*****l P****e. Naturally this was a Sunday and the kick-off had been moved to 12:15pm for the benefit of Sky and the misguided oafs who follow that aforementioned team. I promised myself I would never repeat the process, even though apparently it was so I could ' Believe In Better '.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What nonsense. Wouldn't happen in Germany

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
If you can get to Redhill for 12.45 you can catch the Seagull Travel coach from there. Gets back about 18.30

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Have you ever seen 300-400 passengers ( who've all arrived within a few minutes at Three Bridges ) attempt to board a double decker only capable of carrying 72 people,

yes, you asked for any more stupid suggestions, remember :lol:

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Bugger - I'd forgotten about this. I guess it'll be the 11:02 via the long, slow route from Victoria. I can't say that such a journey is a pleasurable prospect... but not going at all?! Never happen. After all, I am a loyal customer. :albion2:

Is that the right word?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here