Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

National Rail Journey Planner advice for Saturday 18.10.2014

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm constantly astounded that for one with so clearly little common sense you've managed to master turning on a PC, loading a website, registering for said website, remembered your log in details and manage to type anything on here.

The mind really baffles.

Do you walk along in front of cars waiving flags to warn pedestrians too?

I can manage most things but couldnt find a timetable showing the routes and timings of bus replacement and in the absence of these I thought that somebody on here may have known the answer, silly really I suppose.

Lack of commion sense I leave to the young well educated of which you are possibly one.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I wish I'd seen this thread earlier. Just got to hassocks station to find out. What a crock of ****.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
What nonsense. Wouldn't happen in Germany

Update: Germany currently are in the midst of a drivers strike making Hertha Berlin fans struggle to get to their game with Shalke

So...your rhetoric against our railways compared to the majestic, trouble free rail way is basically bollocks.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Why?

Coming from Reading by train he will arrive at Guildford station and then have to walk past Wetherspoons to meet the coach at the cricket club. Unlike The Drummond, that I didnt know didnt open until 12.00, Wetherspoons opens about 8.00am.

Well I did get to the Drummond, but only to sit on their outdoor patio whilst eating an all day breakfast sandwich. Looks like a good place for a meal next time I'm in Guildford with time to spare.

Top marks for Seagulls Travel on the return journey - I managed to pick up the 18:44 Reading service at Guildford. At 18:44 I'd still expect to be sitting in the ticket hall at Gatwick awaiting the 19.03 to Reading, connecting me with the 18.03 Gatwick-Reading service is not something I've managed to achieve since the club left Withdean.

Unfortunately connecting with the 19:32 Plymouth train at Reading means I'm going to encounter more Palace fans on the journey home - there's me heading towards the buffet counter seeing an 8 yo Palace shirt wearing 'Ultra' coming in the opposite direction, :drama:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here