Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP OFF ENGLAND!!!!!!! Season tickets

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Messi for 19 games at £103 but you won't know it's him because he'll be so friggin far away you may as well be trying to pick out a mate coming out of the Brighton Centre while you're on the helter skelter on the Palace Pier!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Cheapest season tickets

BARCELONA £103
BAYERN MUNICH £109
INTER MILAN £156
REAL MADRID £174
JUVENTUS £305
BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION £465 (plus most other championship clubs on an average of around £320)

Why?????????

Petrol costs virtually the same all over Europe
Gig tickets cost pretty much the same around Europe
.......etc etc

Why as football fans do we put up and shut up? :shrug:

What's the average wage in those areas compared to Sussex? It would be interesting to see.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
When considering those season ticket prices you need to remember to add the £120-140 a year it costs to be a member of those clubs.

Also factor in the cost of a good, serviceable pair of binoculars which will be essential for anyone wishing to see any on-field action from a seat at the Camp Nou or Bernabeu which comes at the price shown above.

So not quite as good a deal as it might appear.

and the massive TV deal they get, and the rolling, written off loans they get. im surpised they have to charge at all.

i wonder in all this discussion what the average season tickets are in the clubs talked about because all the number i see are focusing on comparing lowest or highest.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
no it's called taking things for granted, not everyones loaded in supposedly affluent areas believe it or not:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Supply and demand though innit. Price is only what people are prepared to pay. If enough people stop paying it, it will have to go down.

I still don't think under £40 a month for a season ticket for (usually) top level Championship football is bad though. It's about the same price as my water / electricity / phone etc bill. I do think the one off tickets are expensive though.

Jan 30, 2008
Supply and demand though innit. Price is only what people are prepared to pay. If enough people stop paying it, it will have to go down.

I still don't think under £40 a month for a season ticket for (usually) top level Championship football is bad though. It's about the same price as my water / electricity / phone etc bill. I do think the one off tickets are expensive though.
Well the club may have to look at reducing match day tickets if things map out with a steady reduction in season tickets
regards
DR

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well the club may have to look at reducing match day tickets if things map out with a steady reduction in season tickets
regards
DR

Yep, yes indeed they may.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
We are an Island and even though we make/assemble cars in this country that use the petrol,the very raw materials to make the cars and so forth all have to be imported via in the main,the sea...

What that has to do with footballers wages however is another question.
I have said for years now, we should have built a bridge instead, including cycle lanes running in both directions.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have said for years now, we should have built a bridge instead, including cycle lanes running in both directions.

I'f they had of listened you could have been known as £1trillion & 99p by now :lolol:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
and the massive TV deal they get, and the rolling, written off loans they get. im surpised they have to charge at all.
Like the same maybe as Arsenal don't have to charge fans to go because of massive tv deals sponsorship and huge corporate box prices but the cheapest season ticket is still £980

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's a shame you had to spoil the perfectly good point you were making with that oft-repeated fiction.

so what part is fiction, the >€500M debt or that some debts are written off?

Jan 30, 2008
Like the same maybe as Arsenal don't have to charge fans to go because of massive tv deals sponsorship and huge corporate box prices but the cheapest season ticket is still £980
grounds full of foreign tourists, it's all over ,the games a Circus
regards
DR

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Then people moan there's no atmosphere at premier league grounds.... No shit sherlocks coz yer average working class old school football fan has been outpriced by MR corporate suit and foreign day trippers

We call that 'the studio audience'. Because the typical premier league ground is naught but a sound stage for a television production.

Jan 30, 2008
Then people moan there's no atmosphere at premier league grounds.... No shit sherlocks coz yer average working class old school football fan has been outpriced by MR corporate suit and foreign day trippers
Very disturbing indeed, there will be a point of saturation, I'm sure someone will have to pick up the pieces
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here