Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Workplace woes - The most dullest courses in the world ever.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You sound like you have the dullest most soul destroying job in the world!

No, not at all. Fortunately the QS stuff is just a small part of my job, amounting to no more than about 1 day a month.

I couldn't do that stuff all the time. Would be a DESPERATE existance.

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Seriously.
Boring topics, tedious corporate powerpoint presentation....8 hours of staring at a projector screen, with a presenter that thought he was hilarious, was broadly racist and completely non interactive.

:shootself

Your experiences?

Stress management for employees.....and how does it make you feel ????? waste of time. Right up there with lone working..........

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Health and Safety guy is up now...

A magnificent example of the species.

Business suit. Tick.
PowerPoint. Tick.
Lame humour. Tick.
Woefully untargeted content. Tick.
Blood out of a stone questions. Tick.

Q. "How does the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974 define a competent person?"
A. "Not you, mate"

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Did the presenter end the day telling you that this was just the beginning of a new journey, and want everyone to name 6 things that they were going to take away from the day? SIX? SIX....SERIOUSLY? Once the first 3 had struggled to name even one thing.....it began another new round of tedium. I was last, in a group of 24.....creeping death is an understatement.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
From a quick glance at the thread title the most dullest course in the world ever might well have been English Language :lolol:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
One of the courses I instruct is "Environmental & Chemical Awareness".

At least the participants only have to do it annually.
I go through it twice a week!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Sounds hideous. Hopefully your presenting style is a little less dull?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The last course thing I was forced to attend ended with the annoyingly chirpy woman hosting it saying "You are all crayons. Without you the [CompanyName] box is incomplete and can never be a rainbow."

**** off out of my face and, if you could, please stop sucking in oxygen. There are more deserving people.

Flex Your Head

OK - yeah, I agree. Don't tell [MENTION=19864]Flex Your Head[/MENTION] though - that's his life.......

Ooooh, that's simply not true; it's a very small part of my life. Undoubtedly very dull though.
I'm a client relationship manager - the ICSA course I did was purely to allow me to speak knowledgably with clients (quite often over a pint, which is nice).

Some of our training has to be completed every year - Data Protection legislation for example. This is completed via online modules which play out scenarios which you cannot fast forward and are set at the speed which a dyslexic 4 year old feels comfortable with. Every year my blood boils a little and my teeth are ground down further.

Don't get me started on Breaches and Other FSA Reportable Incidents ffs!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Ooooh, that's simply not true; it's a very small part of my life. Undoubtedly very dull though.
I'm a client relationship manager - the ICSA course I did was purely to allow me to speak knowledgably with clients (quite often over a pint, which is nice).

Some of our training has to be completed every year - Data Protection legislation for example. This is completed via online modules which play out scenarios which you cannot fast forward and are set at the speed which a dyslexic 4 year old feels comfortable with. Every year my blood boils a little and my teeth are ground down further.

We have these. Usually with z list 'celebrities' playing roles. It's excruciating, but usually just 'complete' it by playing it in the background whilst completing other paperwork.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

I have AML "modules" that also take too long, and various other mandatory online things, usually to do with compliance. Really dull, with an easy test at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here