Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please settle an argument......

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Me and her indoors are talking about xmas pressies etc, we have a 17 year old grandson and she said we will give him some money, fine I have no problem with that, what I do have a problem with is the amount.

Can the good folk on NSC please say what they think is a sensible amount to give.

Just to clarify a few things, he wants money to save for a car....... we are not mega rich!........we have 4 other grand kids and I beleive in giving the same.

Over to you, thanks.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I reckon £20 would be about right - it's what I seem to recall getting from my grandparents at that kind of age, if that's of any help.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
i dont think your mrs will settle for something we come up with
sounds like the horse has bolted

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£20 is more than enough if you've got to give them all the same. If it takes him 5 years to save up for a car he'll then be at an age where the insurance will be more affordable.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We give our kids , well grown up adults now, money for birthdays, but always presents for Xmas...it's all about the three kings and baby jeeeezus
Innit!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
20-30 quid for a normal birthday, maybe 50 for an 18th would be the around the norm in our family (which has fairly diverse spread of available cash).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Me and her indoors are talking about xmas pressies etc, we have a 17 year old grandson and she said we will give him some money, fine I have no problem with that, what I do have a problem with is the amount.

Can the good folk on NSC please say what they think is a sensible amount to give.

Just to clarify a few things, he wants money to save for a car....... we are not mega rich!........we have 4 other grand kids and I beleive in giving the same.

Over to you, thanks.

Get him a years subscription to Redtubes top videos. If he gets a car at that age his parents will do nothing but worry.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
More than enough GB-PO-50p-large.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here