Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phobias.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Birds, of the feathered variety. Will break out in a cold sweat if one comes close.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
trains that go very fast through stations.

Strangely enough that is something I hate too. Having always lived in brighton it's never been a problem and only ever got the train to Victoria for days out in London, again, not a problem as they're the end of the lines. Was only when I moved to Burgess Hill a few years ago and started getting the train to games that I witnessed it. It scared the crap out of me! Still makes me nervous now...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Strangely enough that is something I hate too. Having always lived in brighton it's never been a problem and only ever got the train to Victoria for days out in London, again, not a problem as they're the end of the lines. Was only when I moved to Burgess Hill a few years ago and started getting the train to games that I witnessed it. It scared the crap out of me! Still makes me nervous now...

I was really scared the first time I travelled on the old HST's out to Reading. They were supposed to get up to 125 mph. Your really felt that you were going too fast for the trains to be safe.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Wasps again for me. If one comes in the car, whilst I'm driving, its total panic. Think it stems from childhood when I was the victim of multiple stings. The unease never goes away.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Standing close to very large free standing objects..................................................and cyclists.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Sharks-thank you Mr Spielberg (not Uncle!).

I am a Selachophobe! You might say that its extremely rare to encounter a shark living in England, which is true, but it impacts upon my enjoyment of swimming, even in a swimming pool.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Sharks-thank you Mr Spielberg (not Uncle!).

This. :down:

Searching for this made me feel very uncomfortable.

great-white-shark-bait-2-620x440.jpg

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Snakes.

Back when I was married I had 'Vertigo-by-Proxy'. My ex is petrified of heights and therefore I couldn't walk near the edge or look over a balcony or anything that made her scared! I was a qualified climbing instructor at the time we first met - so much for that hobby!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
This. :down:

Searching for this made me feel very uncomfortable.

great-white-shark-bait-2-620x440.jpg

Thank you SP for almost causing the first NSC fatality on line. Reckon my heart rate went off the scale when I saw that photo, but coming down now!

The power of the mind and its irrationality will never cease to amaze me.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Most of these aren't phobias. Most "phobias" are attention seeking bollocks anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here