Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofts out for the season..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Terrible news. Sad for him.

Might mean we try to extend Gardner's half season loan, to the full season I guess.

I think we should try to do this regardless of whether Crofty is fit or not. Gardner looks impressive from what l have seen of him so far.

But yes, absolutely gutted for Crofty, one of my favourite Albion players, always does his best for the cause. I wonder where this leaves him now?, two very serious knee injuries in successive seasons is enormously bad luck.

zamham

May 10, 2014
I wish him a speedy recovery and I may be going against the majority here but I don't think it's half as bad news as it was losing him last season. He's been largely anonymous where he has played and we have loads of midfield cover including the players keeping him out. So far he's played 7 from 11, subbed in 3 games and sent off in another. I think we'll cope better than last time.

Difference was, when fit, he was played in his correct position last season. Poorly used by Hyypia this season which was a shame as one of our best players.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Really bad luck not only for him but the club too.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Devastating. Good luck Andrew. Must say he looked very downcast leaving the field at Watford and a few around me feared the worst then.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is his contract up at the end of the season?

Not any more, no. The club won't release him, that's now how we do business. He'll get either a 6 month contract, ala Alan Navarro, or another year, ala Hoskins, to get himself back fit again. And rightly so, the club will look after the players injured on duty for us. Terrible news for Crofts and for the squad, personally I think he's been wasted in the system this season but there's no question about his work rate or his knack of being able to influence games in our favour.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not any more, no. The club won't release him, that's now how we do business. He'll get either a 6 month contract, ala Alan Navarro, or another year, ala Hoskins, to get himself back fit again. And rightly so, the club will look after the players injured on duty for us. Terrible news for Crofts and for the squad, personally I think he's been wasted in the system this season but there's no question about his work rate or his knack of being able to influence games in our favour.

He has a contract to June 2016.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Gutted for the bloke.Excellent player just getting back up to speed.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Are we the most injury-cursed club on the planet?

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Feel for the bloke but he will not be missed on the pitch. Personally I feel he is not technically good enough for our current team. Hope the club do the right thing by him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here