Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice is back!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No mention of the fact that Bianca's business plan was based on £35 per pair of tights, but she ended up taking that down to £20 in the pitch. Given that Net Profit ratio in that industry c. 7-8% it renders her original business plan worthless. How was this not picked up at interview stage?

Because it is a television show. Don't let the facts get in the way.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
No mention of the fact that Bianca's business plan was based on £35 per pair of tights, but she ended up taking that down to £20 in the pitch. Given that Net Profit ratio in that industry c. 7-8% it renders her original business plan worthless. How was this not picked up at interview stage?

Err, it's a television show that relies on 'sexy viewing' to keep people watching and so reality is manipulated/twisted, if it was ever there in the first place. #Vegster

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Because it is a television show. Don't let the facts get in the way.

Except that Roisin was booted out purely because her business plan was too global, or Katy's was too small scale. They can't say on the one hand someone has to go because of their business plan yet for Bianca it didn't make any difference.

Basically the winner of the show purely depends on how arsed Sugar can be to lift a finger.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Except that Roisin was booted out purely because her business plan was too global, or Katy's was too small scale. They can't say on the one hand someone has to go because of their business plan yet for Bianca it didn't make any difference.

Basically the winner of the show purely depends on how arsed Sugar can be to lift a finger.

Exactly. If he likes something about someone then the die is cast. Don't worry though, won't be long til another series is trotted out and I'm sure you will be hooked again despite the obvious flaws.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset

Also Roisin got pulled up because her product was already on the market and not as unique as she thought (interviewer revealed an small box on noodles from some obscure producer).

A quick google search on Bianca's idea would have revealed loads of rival products for dark skin tone tights. Most notably, Debenhams do exactly the same thing as Bianca is proposing but for £3.50 per pair!

http://thedailydebrief.debenhams.com/fashion/nude-tights-to-suit-your-skin-tone/

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Well I was disappointed the frog-in-the-throated ratbag came out on top. The idea that Sugar listened to the devil inside him to fund a bland "expert" in digital optimisation was bullcrap, when really the daring choice was in funding Bianca. My girlfriend, who is out of work and hasn't got heaps of cash to spend on hosiery, said she would still spend £20 on good quality tights if they finally existed to match her skin tone, so there is a market out there - and not just for the £3.50 pap mentioned above. All of the end of show guests seemed to be in favour of Bianca's idea also, whilst struggling to really find anything impressive about Mark and his business plan. Pah to it and the bearded dwarf.

Every year I feel this annoyance at the end result, pretty much, but then I return once more. Maybe I just won't watch the final next year.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Also Roisin got pulled up because her product was already on the market and not as unique as she thought (interviewer revealed an small box on noodles from some obscure producer).

A quick google search on Bianca's idea would have revealed loads of rival products for dark skin tone tights. Most notably, Debenhams do exactly the same thing as Bianca is proposing but for £3.50 per pair!

http://thedailydebrief.debenhams.com/fashion/nude-tights-to-suit-your-skin-tone/

Nude tights aren't new. I think having 15/30 shades to match your skin is.

Mind you, it could be copied easily so not much of an idea, really.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The first episode should be where Sugar/his interviewees see loads of people's business plans, then choose the ones that seem most profitable. Because then we'd not have outstanding candidates like Roisin and Solly going out due to such stupid things like a global business from day 1 and a laughable business plan.

Bit of a no brainer, Lord Sugar risks £250 K with Mark, which is probably a little less than he earned for fronting the series. If it all goes tits up he will just have to rub along on his remaining £700M, poor bugger.

He donates his earnings to Great Ormond Street Hospital.
So... three months' worth of hour-long advertising for his business empire on prime time BBC1 costs him £250,000 - which the BBC gives to him?

Sounds like a good deal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Exactly. If he likes something about someone then the die is cast. Don't worry though, won't be long til another series is trotted out and I'm sure you will be hooked again despite the obvious flaws.

For me the best part of the show has nothing to do with the £250,000 investment, the interviews or who wins or loses. The key bit for me is why the tasks are won and lost each week. That hasn't changed whether the prize is an apprenticeship or an investment. That said, I am an accountant so I probably would say this anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here