Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funniest or strangest incident you have seen watching football.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I used to run one of the Fishergate flyers teams, we had a young guy who unfortunately had lost an arm and used to wear a prosthetic one.
he was not allowed to wear it in a match consequently used to take it off for training.
we used large cones as goalposts and he used to tuck it under one of those, and you would know it while playing someone had a crunching shot and hit the cone, it flew in the air along with the prosthetic arm.
it had consequences the old lady walking her dog fainted and while I was attending her the boys ran after and caught her dog,all ended well
the boy was a very good little player, but had to remember not to take throw ins, as most refs deemed them to be foul throws

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
[MENTION=4156]glasfryn[/MENTION] has just reminded me of a story with his above post.

At an away match at Cambridge United in 96 or 97 ? one of the linesmen had part of his arm missing, he had the flag taped to his ' stump ', I was on the packed away terrace near the corner and I had noticed the Lino with one arm but no one else seemed to, I did expect someone to shout something at him but everyone was watching the match.
The Lino flagged for an offside against Cambridge I think and he had his flag raised for what seemed like ages, it was quite in the crowd until a Brighton fan piped up " it's alright Lino you can put your flag down now, the novelty has worn off "

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Reserve team game at Goldstone against Luton Town. We had been giving David Moss, who was coming back from injury, stick all game. He was taking a throw-in just in front of us, pulled his shorts down to do a moony and turned round and laughed at us. Today he'd have been booked or sent off. Luckily in those days it was all taken in good part.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Does anyone remember an evening game at Gillingham, I think we played Plymouth and won with a late late goal from Gary Hart...During the game a Brighton player made a challenge and kicked the ball out to touch hard hit a copper full on the head knocking his old style helmet off and into the crowd!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
At the Watford game last Saturday.
I think it was KLL who kicked the ball towards the practice goal, completely missed and it ended up smashing into an empty seat, resulting in part of the seat breaking off and spinning away somewhere.
Stewards sort of panicked.

L

litmanen

One of the strangest things........actually seeing a beautiful goal scored in the finnish football league:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNHbpsF1_FE

Seriously, the level of football played there is shit. I think that is the best goal ever scored in finnish league. Not many nice goals there at all.

The "ring a roses" goal celebration at Withdean. Can anyone remind who the game was against and why they did it - it seemed well choreographed and I am sure they even did the "all fall down" bit.

Edit: Just googled and, of all places, there is a lot about it on BBS! Game was Feb 2008 but unfortunately no mention of who it was against, but lots of comment along the lines of "..how short is their no. 7".

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I remember standing at the front of the northstand and hearing "RIGHT THATS IT!" and before I new it the fella next to me had jumped over onto the pitch doing a windmill at Griffiths and Wilkins dragging him off.I love it when we play Orient.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I used to run one of the Fishergate flyers teams, we had a young guy who unfortunately had lost an arm and used to wear a prosthetic one.
he was not allowed to wear it in a match consequently used to take it off for training.
we used large cones as goalposts and he used to tuck it under one of those, and you would know it while playing someone had a crunching shot and hit the cone, it flew in the air along with the prosthetic arm.
it had consequences the old lady walking her dog fainted and while I was attending her the boys ran after and caught her dog,all ended well
the boy was a very good little player, but had to remember not to take throw ins, as most refs deemed them to be foul throws

:lolol::lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think it was KLL who kicked the ball towards the practice goal, completely missed and it ended up smashing into an empty seat, resulting in part of the seat breaking off and spinning away somewhere.
It was KLL who got the person in front of me in the bollocks a minute or so earlier it was somebody else who broke the seat. Fair play to the stewards who replaced it just before ko

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing

And a bit of it hit me on the back of head !!!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I remember at the Goldstone a St Johns guy ran on the pitch to attend a player and fell over and cut his head. His name was Eddie Slater (rip).

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Seen it several times, and been mentioned in specific cases but still can't beat the unaware punter either sitting quietly talking or on his/her way back to their seat with armfuls of hot and expensive goodies and subsequently being tw@tted by the ball.

Shouldn't laugh really.

An example

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Seen it several times, and been mentioned in specific cases but still can't beat the unaware punter either sitting quietly talking or on his/her way back to their seat with armfuls of hot and expensive goodies and subsequently being tw@tted by the ball.

Shouldn't laugh really.

An example

That happened to me at Yeovil away ,just got a cup of hot coffee,going up the stairs to find my seat. The Brighton players were warming up and Virgo hit a screamer at the net,it just missed the goal and actually splattered the coffee cup and sent coffee everywhere...best shot of the game.
Remember the Kit Napier goal at the South goal Goldstone...fan next to me said 'Stupid idiot,he'll get booked for that'...the surprise when the goal was given.
The funniest in my book...Early 60s (although I cannot remember the opponents) it was a very rainy day,we were attacking the North goal,mud was going everywhere...would've never had been played nowadays...Bill Cassidy went for the ball,he slipped over face down in the mud...the ball was stuck in the mud...Bill looked up,saw that nobody was near the ball...so did the breast stroke and hit the ball with his head pushing it forward,he tried to do it again but it was kicked out by opposing player...Bill got 10/10 for effort.

bristo

Apr 8, 2010
East Preston
Re the George Parris goal v Bristol City. George was staying with me at the time because he had not sorted out a place to live after his permanent move from Birmingham ( the club only put players in hotels if they were on loan then. After that it was their problem to sort out accommodation). I knew him because I was his teacher at junior school. We replayed that goal in my garden the next day with me as George and him as the goalie.
Anyway he was in the junior sch team from 2nd year to 4th year (y4 to y6) and in the Sept after he left I was having "trials" for the new season wondering how we would ever replace him. There was a little skinny kid who looked pretty decent so I asked him his name. " Paul, sir".
"Paul what?"
"Ince, sir"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here