Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jules Bianchi

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Eyewitness account is that he struck the back of the tractor:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bianchi-moved-to-icu-following-brain-surgery-as-more-details-regarding-crash-emerge/

n3HKYVk.jpg

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Seemed to miss the Bianchi crash completely I think although it was up on the board at the track. Then got confused over third/fourth AND eight/ninth. Made ITV look good.

Who does David Coulthard commentate for? It took that channel at least 10 minutes to work out what was going on.

Poor bloke - I hope he is Ok, but it does look extremely bad.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Who does David Coulthard commentate for? It took that channel at least 10 minutes to work out what was going on.

Poor bloke - I hope he is Ok, but it does look extremely bad.

The BBC, but to be fair to them the TV pictures never showed Bianchi or his car at any point prior to the stopping of the race, and apart from a quick caption showing Bianchi's name and a shot of Sutil's car, there was nothing in the pictures to suggest anyone else had gone off there.

The BBC, but to be fair to them the TV pictures never showed Bianchi or his car at any point prior to the stopping of the race, and apart from a quick caption showing Bianchi's name and a shot of Sutil's car, there was nothing in the pictures to suggest anyone else had gone off there.

Pretty sure Brundle said on Sky the recovery vehicle may have hit a Marshall after no pictures showed Bianchi crashing.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
the TV pictures never showed Bianchi or his car at any point prior to the stopping of the race

We spotted it straight away in our house. You saw the marshals panicking and a plume of steam coming from behind the mobile crane. Then Bianchi's name slipped down the ticker at the bottom of the screen until it said 'Bianchi Out'. Then there was the shot of the medic with a stretcher and someone lifting red, white and black bodywork out of the way. We even had shots of concerned faces in the Marussia pit but the Beeb still didn't get it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Well done you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pretty sure Brundle said on Sky the recovery vehicle may have hit a Marshall after no pictures showed Bianchi crashing.

I watched it live on Sky and saw nothing to suggest that a second car had gone off in the same spot as Sutil. The ambulance passing the safety car was the first I realised there was a major problem. I am pretty sure there were no shots of Bianci going off so I'm not sure how the commentators would have known either.

I assume that the BBC coverage was edited after the race so there may have been scenes included that were not shown live?

Good to hear Bianci is out of surgery, fingers crossed that he has not suffered brain damage.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I assume that the BBC coverage was edited after the race so there may have been scenes included that were not shown live?

The race was live on BBC this morning.
I would presume the video feeds were the same as Sky.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
more sad news today,Andrea De Cesaris was killed in a motorbike accident in Rome

thekinglives

Aug 14, 2010
Just seen the video of the crash. Absolutely horrific.
What the marshal waving the green flag was doing, I have no idea :nono:

Video was on facebook - not sure if the link will share...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just seen the video of the crash. Absolutely horrific.
What the marshal waving the green flag was doing, I have no idea :nono:

Video was on facebook - not sure if the link will share...

Geez - that looked awful! Lucky to be alive (and I hope he stays that way). Very lucky he didn't take out the odd marshall or two as well.
Guess the one waving the green flag won't be asked again......................... ....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here