Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Work Christmas Parties....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Watching Liza, the one with the floppy wobblers from accounts who looks like 10lb of shit in a 5lb bag in her Primarni Christmas dress get fingerblasted by Craig from sales against the mop cupboard door? No thanks.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
that's because you're an old git now:lolol: it's still like that for us young'un's!
Well, the forty years ago part might justify your assumption that I'm old(ish), but as you don't know me you are in no position to have any valid opinion as to whether or not I am a git, any more than I can know whether you are or are not, say, a bit of a turd. Of course, you may just be assuming that all older people are automatically gits........

..in which case, that probably would make you a bit of a turd! :lolol:

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
Before I turned from Digweeds Trousers into Ruperts Flan I had a very bad experience at a Christmas party. I realised that drinking stella at 11am and carrying on all day and then trying to get to Withdean was a very bad idea. I don't go to Christmas parties ever now. Not for over 10 years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Before I turned from Digweeds Trousers into Ruperts Flan I had a very bad experience at a Christmas party. I realised that drinking stella at 11am and carrying on all day and then trying to get to Withdean was a very bad idea. I don't go to Christmas parties ever now. Not for over 10 years.

Digweeds Trousers :bowdown:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Ah, yes. The one-man singalong-a-two-fingers-to-HR classic. You're not quite at the '... not for over 10 years' stage yet, but you're getting there...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?42216-An-emotional-apology-to-all

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Along with the 'Jamie' thread, that has to be one of my favourite NSC threads.

'Stand up if you hate HR' I seem to remember....

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Don't you mean Wohtdeam?

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
Christ I haven't read that for years. Dreadful. TLO thank you for this as it will be 10 years this Christmas. Perhaps I should go this year and have a special anniversary appearance.

However - despite it being nearly 10 years I can still remember with complete clarity the state I was in the next morning. The heaving stomach, the 5-ton head, the horrible sinking moment when the texts started to appear from colleagues all through the weekend telling me about things I had done, what I had said to senior people…….

That Sunday was an horrific torment of a day - expecting to lose my job when appearing on the Monday.

I didn't lose my job but perhaps credibility and reputation certainly were eroded that fateful night.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I didn't lose my job but perhaps credibility and reputation certainly were eroded that fateful night.

Quite the opposite round these parts! :lolol:

Originally posted by Digweeds Trousers

'You are my Brighont, my only Brighotn, you make me happy when Skys are grey......'

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There's some right negativity here!

I am the boss & am taking all our employees to Food in Worthing, all paid for by me. No three line whip to go, but everyone is. And I don't even celebrate Christmas!

By the sound of this I'm guessing that you are a decent boss, and you look after your employees, but I can understand some being negative on here especially when they have to pay for their Christmas party, also find money for travel and drinks.

I sure some people wouldn't want to pay for a night out with work colleagues and bosses they don't really like.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here