Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A23 to open all 3 lanes on Tuesday morning

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I used both Nbound and Sbound yesterday and it was lovely. However, still many going at 40....

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
I suspect the first of many accidents on this stretch of the A23. The southbound 3 lanes going down Handcross Hill appear to be (still) a death trap - you descend at speed and I think it would be easy to lose control in wet weather. I hope I'm wrong.

This morning's accident looked very grim, I hope the driver makes a good recovery.

So much for a faster journey into Redhill compared with yesterday. 2 hours yesterday and 2 hours today.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I suspect the first of many accidents on this stretch of the A23. The southbound 3 lanes going down Handcross Hill appear to be (still) a death trap - you descend at speed and I think it would be easy to lose control in wet weather. I hope I'm wrong.

This morning's accident looked very grim, I hope the driver makes a good recovery.

So much for a faster journey into Redhill compared with yesterday. 2 hours yesterday and 2 hours today.

I would make sense to either make the south bound a 60 zone, or leave it at 70 but put a camera in. Can see there being plent of accidents once the clocks change

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Surprised it caused 'significant' damage to the central reservation. As far as j could see the concrete blocks were tall enough for no'one to go over and heavy enough for a car to never go through and simply skid/bounce off and back into the 3 lanes

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
whats happening at the M23 past Gatwick and before the M25 ?

looks like they have cut big openings in the "newish" concrete diving wall

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
At present they have left the average speed cameras on the stretch. Maybe these will be a permanent fixture.

Yeah I noticed that on the way home last night. Anyone know if they are in operation? Might just be beacuse the southbound side was opened a day later and they didn't have time to remove?

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
whats happening at the M23 past Gatwick and before the M25 ?

looks like they have cut big openings in the "newish" concrete diving wall

Repairs to Coopers Viaduct - the openings are for access and the contra flows which are/will be in place.

These works have doubled my journey times due to the volume of traffic and over 2hours on way home last week - have given it a miss this morning by going a different route and joining M25 later on. I will prob work from home more often while this carries on (end of November apparently!).

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've just driven up it from Burgess Hill to Crawley and it was bliss. Took no time at all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You may wish to revisit Highway code rule 268 to refresh your understanding.

The one that says except in congested conditions? I can't remember the last time I drove on the the motorways in this country and they weren't at least slightly congested. But as has been pointed out by others, I was talking about the law anyway, not the highway code. If you would like to refresh your understanding of the law (whilst we're being condescending) the relevant acts are here:
https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-to-203/the-road-user-and-the-law

By the way, I'm not advocating regular undertaking.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The one that says except in congested conditions? I can't remember the last time I drove on the the motorways in this country and they weren't at least slightly congested. But as has been pointed out by others, I was talking about the law anyway, not the highway code. If you would like to refresh your understanding of the law (whilst we're being condescending) the relevant acts are here:
https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-to-203/the-road-user-and-the-law

By the way, I'm not advocating regular undertaking.

You clearly do not drive frequently on uncongested motorways where some drivers are stuck in the middle lane doing 60. Your early commented made no reference to congested conditions, it made a point that it was only illegal if you changed lanes. This is clearly wrong, but if you want to be stopped by a police officer and given a fixed penalty fine and 3 points on your licence for careless driving, by all means carry on undertaking vehicles in the middle lane by staying in lane 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here