Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
paddy-l229-1985578_478x359.jpg

Paddy McCourt
Image by: Bennett Dean

PUBLISHED
09:27 3rd October 2014
by Adam Tighe
Starting games has always been my first ambition, but whether I’m starting or coming on I need to try to unlock the door when games are tight"
Paddy McCourt

Fans’ favourite Paddy McCourt is looking to make a bigger impression on the first team after recently breaking into Sami Hyypia’s matchday squad.The Northern Irishman, who has started one and come off the bench in three of the last four games, admitted he loves to hear the Brighton & Hove Albion supporters backing him when on the field, but stated his main goal is to succeed on the pitch.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s always nice to hear the fans cheering when you come on, but my job now is to keep doing what I’m doing, and hopefully try to make more of an impact when I come on.
“Starting games has always been my first ambition, but whether I’m starting or coming on I need to try to unlock the door when games are tight and just keep plugging away.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

McCourt also feels the side haven’t had the rub of the green in front of goal but says the squad has been heartened by recent performances.
The midfielder added, “We need a wee bit more luck in front of goal and to be a wee bit more clinical with our finishing, but we are not too far away.
“No one is disappointed with how we are playing, and apart from the first half against Blackpool, the last three games have been good.“If we keep playing like that we won’t be too far away.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v WIGAN
[/h]tuESDAY 4TH NOVEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here