Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brilliant stuff from David Cameron today

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Little confused here. You are calling people scroungers who receive any benefits yet are in receipt of it yourself? ???

A dyed in the wool Tory devotee on benefits doesn't see themselves as a scrounger because they're only getting back what they've put in :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've just cracked open a bottle of Everyday Anarchy, the name seems appropriate.

If you're wondering its a wine barrel-aged imperial saison.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You can't afford houses when you're young
You can't afford to rent your own flat
You're in a house share forever or you stay at your parents forever

So just out of interest, what do you think the government ( of any colour ) could do to fix these problems ?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
[SUP][/SUP]so cameron spoke at a lecturn with a script so what is his excuse for forgetting to mention:

the repeated failure to meet their own borrowing targets which mean debt is now expected to reach 1.4 trillion by 2017 (it was 800 billion when they took office)

how the 7bn giveaway announced today will be funded

the failure of their flagship policy on immigration to keep those nasty foreigners out

the bedroom tax

a &e closures

the 'protected' nhs budget that is under pressure due to cuts in social care, elderly care and dementia care meaning the nhs pays to cover the gap

the reduction in real terms of wages in this parliament

bet the written media dont rip into him for that tomorrow?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
so cameron spoke at a lecturn with a script so what is his excuse for forgetting to mention:

the repeated failure to meet their own borrowing targets which mean debt is now expected to reach 1.4 trillion by 2017 (it was 800 billion when they took office)

how the 7bn giveaway announced today will be funded

the failure of their flagship policy on immigration to keep those nasty foreigners out

the bedroom tax

a &e closures

the 'protected' nhs budget that is nde roressure due to cuts in social care, elderly care and dementia care meaning the nhs pays to cover the gap

the reduction in real terms of wages in this parliament

bet the written media dont rip into him for that tomorrow?

To wind up the dull bothering to tick them off

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I get £56 a week. Immigrants who have gone back to Poland, Romania get £72.50 a week. I won't moan as I'm English and if I do then I'll probably be labelled a racist.

I'm still waiting for you to show when David Milliband said Syria and Iraq should be in the EU !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The rich get richer, the most desperate pay the rice - Fairness, tory style. Same old nasties.
How is raising the personal allowance an example of the most desperate paying for the rich to get richer? Did you type your comment before the speech and then think **** it, I'll post it anyway?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
What a steaming pile. Most rich people are rich because they're lucky enough to have been born in to wealth. A few each generation are rich because they worked hard and were lucky. Far, far more are poor regardless of working hard.

There are those that Think and those that Do.
The thinkers get rich, the others don't
Working hard is irrelevant, working clever is how you get rich
An ex boss's favourite saying still rings true
'Tell me not what you've done, but what you've achieved'

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What a steaming pile. Most rich people are rich because they're lucky enough to have been born in to wealth. A few each generation are rich because they worked hard and were lucky. Far, far more are poor regardless of working hard.

Some on here are not only generous, but astute too.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How is raising the personal allowance an example of the most desperate paying for the rich to get richer? Did you type your comment before the speech and then think **** it, I'll post it anyway?

some people seem to have a fairly well rehersed set of cliches and soundbites that they throw out in responce to the politics they dislike. most dont listen/read what has been said, just make a random stab at something.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
well economic competence compared to what?
they have been in government for most of the longest ever recession
reliably recorded.the length of the recession being the time taken to
regain the GDP at the previous peak.
If you use the more accurate relative measurement of GDP per population
we still haven't returned to pre GLOBAL financial crisis levels.
I will give the government one recommendation that they have not fulfilled
their pledge to run a balanced balance by the end of this term otherwise
we would be in even worse position.
The relative success of the uk vrs the eurozone
is the relative success of austerity lite v austerity hard

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

The rich save on personal allowances too. Given what's been going on in this parliament we've had a rise in personal allowances COMBINED WITH cuts in benefits, tax credits, etc, that affect the poor more.
I know you keep saying that so long as the poor are getting richer, you're not concerned about how much the rich get.
What's been happening in the UK over the past decade (and in the US since the 1980s) is that the rich have been getting richer, and the poor poorer.

That is all.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
There are those that Think and those that Do.
The thinkers get rich, the others don't
Working hard is irrelevant, working clever is how you get rich
An ex boss's favourite saying still rings true
'Tell me not what you've done, but what you've achieved'

Ooh, that makes me a bit angry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And did Labour achieve this in their 13 years in power..........

They brought in the minimum wage which was the start.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I must have missed Camerons bit in the speech where he promised that immigration would be reduced to 10's of thousands, oh silly me that was one of his promises in 2010 that has been conveniently forgotten about

He didn't forget to mention reducing the deficit though. He just forgot he'd already promised this by next May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here