Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrest in park and ride queue last night?

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I've been to plenty of football matches and have witness antisocial behaviour and some vile individuals directing abuse towards police but never witness officers using force in fact often they choose to ignore it dispite it being over the top...With this in mind I can only begin to speculate what may or may not have happened

Really? Wow!!!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
This may come as a surprise but the police aren't always right and are sometimes very heavy handed.

Another surprise may be that if you are abused or assaulted by people in authority you don't always react or behave in a really calm, collected and logical way.

I know nothing about the incident but wouldn't suddenly assume the woman was in the wrong or the police were in the right.
Your name appears to reflect the origins of your views......

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Yeah I remember that , think they were on the overnight ferry from Pompey ???
regards
DR

They weren't called Emily and Florence, by any chance?..

Ladies-Tandem.jpg

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Anyone know what was going on as everyone was marching up to park and ride at final whistle? Looked like a woman wearing Brighton sweatshirt had been arrested and in handcuffs, and an older chap was pretty upset nearby. Police van came along to pick her up.

Curious!

Think it was Paddy Mcourts wife being done for vagrancy. Trying to pitch a tent in bennets field and kicked off over bent pegs.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Your name appears to reflect the origins of your views......

Keep on believing pal, I hope you and your family breeze through life without experiencing reality.

Oh, and DO NOT watch the news, read the newspaper AND DEFINITELY DON'T READ UP ON COURT CASES. This could break your current reality.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Keep on believing pal, I hope you and your family breeze through life without experiencing reality.

Oh, and DO NOT watch the news, read the newspaper AND DEFINITELY DON'T READ UP ON COURT CASES. This could break your current reality.

It's not that it does not happen, however less unlikely these days. Are we expected to believe that with cameras all around and 20 odd thousand people that the police are going to go over the top with someone. People are free to make a complaint if they feel the police have over reacted. The truth is that many of the people who saw the incident, seem to be talking about the arrest, no one has really mentioned what happened before the arrest. If we have all the facts then we could make an informed judgement. It's so easy to come on here and blame either the police for being over the top or the women for being drunk and abusive.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

I do believe, in the real world, where there are tens of thousands of police-public interactions PER day in this country, almost all of which are satisfactory for both parties. You are no more likely to receive shoddy treatment from a copper than you are from your local track suited chav in your high st, please come out from under your tin foil hat, there isn't a conspiracy whereby the 'man' is sticking it to the general population at every turn.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Problem with the police these days is they watch to many U.S police shows and they act like them now.

Sadly from recent obsevation burt in the London area I can testify to this. I saw a male police officer "arrest" a youndg girl (probably aged about 16) by tripping her to the ground, and then kicking her. Twice.

I was sickened, as werre a lot of spectators, including young children standing nearby.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Well, that our arrest statistics showing a 20% increase year-on-year! Now we will go from being the "best behaved club" to "club in worst decline". B*gger.

What was going on with the 3 lads ejected by stewards from the middle of the front row of the South stand? [Including the one lad in grey practically strip searched by the stewards.]

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sadly from recent obsevation burt in the London area I can testify to this. I saw a male police officer "arrest" a youndg girl (probably aged about 16) by tripping her to the ground, and then kicking her. Twice.

I was sickened, as werre a lot of spectators, including young children standing nearby.

After seeing this incident I assume you made a formal complaint to the Police and looked to act as witness for the young girl in her complaint.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It was a case of mistaken identity. The woman took a short cut across an old stream and shouted out 'I've got muddy', a nearby OB misheard her and thought she said 'Ive got Maddie' so eight of them arrested her and marched her off to The Daily Express for questioning................I think.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As long as it's done correctly it's safer to have four officers restraining one person than a one on one fight between an officer and a suspect.

As to what she was doing I saw her offering chaps a look at her minge for 50p and a Lb of grapes.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
As to what she was doing I saw her offering chaps a look at her minge for 50p and a Lb of grapes.

Jesus, the EU do get heavy handed if people don't use the metric system, if she had been asking for 1/2 a kilo of grapes she would have been fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here