Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is Forster-Caskey's role in the team?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
For me, Yes and yes.

He played well yesterday imo.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but has it been mentioned that JFC & Gardner look very similar in appearance when playing, both similar height, build, hair colour, etc. Both wearing the same colour boots and have similar looking numbers (18 & 19) - There has been a thread prasising Gardner yesterday but it does beg the question, was it always Gardner or was some of the good play actually done by JFC for which he isn't being credited and is some of the things that go wrong for Gardner being pinned in JFC?

Is JFC criticised like so many home grown players because they are exactly that, home grown and therefore deemed not exciting, and not giving the chance to learn and develop in a first team environment which means mistakes will happen without being heavily criticised.

IMO there have been players performing poorly in some games and even in comparision to JFC in games this season yet don't get criticised and yet JFC is. Double standards from fickle fans.
JFC and Gardner both played well. I'd sooner either of them played ahead of Crofts, who seems to win praise for doing very little.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
JFC shifts pianos and carries water.

He is also very, very slow.

Hope this helps.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He doesn't seem to have progressed at all in the past three or four years.

He clearly has, 3/4 years ago he was in the DS or on loan at Oxford. Now he is starter in a championship team and played a fair few games in a team that finished 6th

All getting quite silly now, people saying he is not championship quality or no good. Gus (to a lesser extent but did say he was the future of the club at one stage), Oscar, all the England age group managers and now Hyypia seem to rate him, why can't some of our fans do the same.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I keep hearing the phrase he 'keeps things ticking over'. To me this a real nonsense term which means that you do not really do that much at all. I reckon I could sit in front of the back four and spray 3 yard sideward passes about.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What he does, he gets the ball and keeps possession, passes it easy, keeps possession, breaks up the play, keeps possession. When we have possession, we have the ball and the opponent doesn't. Football without the ball is athletics (read Gus Poyet).

In every team, there are unspectacular players, rather like the wheel bearings on a car. Boring, hidden, but essential to the running of the whole.

Jakey's set pieces are shite though.

This

I can't believe there are people who still don't recognise his ability. He's quality - yes he has bad games, but he's very young. He's been the pick of our midfield three recently, though Gardener outshone him last night. He was good last night without being spectacular, but he keeps the ball, he gets his foot in, and will score occasional goals

And this

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Replaced Lopez in the 'occasional good ball but largely anonymous for 90 mins' category. Seems to carry a false reputation as box to box based on a goal on his debut. His suspension is FANTASTIC news

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Bridcutt used to go about quietly doing his defensive midfielder roll...but we noticed he did a very good job at it.Fans will notice if a certain player has a great game regardless of position.

The last time I recall Caskey playing well was against southampton at home a bloody long time ago :)

D

Deleted member 2719

Not read the thread, but I have no doubt that most don't understand his role. For me he is a Hammond type player helping us keep possession.
I rate him and trust in the gaffers team selection as I did Garcia.
Give the lad a break.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not read the thread, but I have no doubt that most don't understand his role. For me he is a Hammond type player helping us keep possession.
I rate him and trust in the gaffers team selection as I did Garcia.
Give the lad a break.
His role us to give the ball away you mean?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
His role us to give the ball away you mean?

Considering you were posting at 9pm yesterday you were either at the ground staring at your phone or staring at NSC instead of your stream or not watching at all. JFC doesn't give the ball away. That's why he gets consistently picked. His tackling does make him a walking yellow card but I'd rather that than not put himself about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here