Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings v Cardiff (home)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Staggered how some people rated JFC so low tonight, he was stand out for us in the central 3, Even dead ball delivery was much improved and found many probing forward passes. If you can't rate him as a 7 minimum tonight he will never score it !

Completely agree. A great example of people marking a reputation rather than performance. I felt all 3 midfielders played well and deserved at least 7's.

His performance wasn't perfect but it was very, very impressive and wouldn't be far of MOTM for me.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Staggered how some people rated JFC so low tonight, he was stand out for us in the central 3, Even dead ball delivery was much improved and found many probing forward passes. If you can't rate him as a 7 minimum tonight he will never score it !

Ha ha, game of opinions but I thought he was awful! I groaned on at least 4 occasions from misplaced passes and awful shots into row z second half. I will admit though that I am fed up with him, so maybe only seeing the negatives. But I can't think of anything he did well tonight except one superb blocking tacklet (if it was him) second half.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Stockdale 5
Bruno 7
Greer 7
Dunk 6
Bennett 8
Holla 6
Gardner 7
Jfc 6
Tex 5
Cms 5
Lua lua 7

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Lua Lua had a very good game, but really should have scored in the 1st half, he went for power when a little more composure he could have passed it in.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ha ha, game of opinions but I thought he was awful! I groaned on at least 4 occasions from misplaced passes and awful shots into row z second half. I will admit though that I am fed up with him, so maybe only seeing the negatives. But I can't think of anything he did well tonight except one superb blocking tacklet (if it was him) second half.

He made around half a dozen superbly timed challenges at key moments to dispossess them.

Orchestrated many of our best moves

Excellent pass completion rate including one through ball to CMS who couldn't hold of the defender.

Covered huge amounts of ground all evening protecting the back four and also receiving the ball from them.

JFC had a very good game tonight and apart from his shot late on and a couple of passes that went astray he was far more involved tonight and showed some real strength and tenacity defensively.

Would be interesting to get the player stats as I feel they will surprise many.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Stockdale - oh my heavens what a terrible decision. A heartbreaking conceder just seconds after justly finally cracking the shell of Cardiff that is entirely in the form of Marshall. Huge amounts of the preparation to the game would have been about the strength of Jones in the air, but none of it, i hope, could have been about Stockdale lumbering to the edge of the box to beat him to a header that would have lead to no threat at all. He was a monster, Jones, and i was overjoyed when he went off. I give Stockdale a 3 for his neat passing.
Bruno - found it tough to dance around the shitter of the Man Utd twins, but his finish was madly and probably accidentally superb and his passing quickfire in the triangles worked with Tex and anyone else nearby. 7
Bennett - yup he was lively and put in the best show i've seen of him. If only he could've put away one of those chances. Man of the match indeed. 8
Dunk - explosively bad back-header completely robbed him of confidence and his passing became standard and unadventurous. Hope the fear doesn't stay with him and he plays with that nonchalance, yet self-belief, that might make him risky every now and again, but himself. 5
Greer - liked his back heel in the second half and for getting physical with Jones in a way that Dunk hadn't seemed able to. 6
Holla - some bad corners. I expect better from this slick magician. Still moves around gracefully to keep our moves moving though. 6
Gardner - i'd believed some of the cussing reports on his play against Burton, for instance, but i thought he played well. A real cut above Crofts for his unflusteredness and his excellent cross-field passes from a distance. Could motor too. His shooting decisions near the end not great though. 7
JFC - some good passes at times, some energy in him and some bad balls here and there. Typical JFC. 6
Lua Lua - i thought he was a bit rundown, never seeming to really try his stepovers or power past anyone. A good performance, but i expected him to be subbed. 6
Tex - he was ace. Yes, a down period or two, but with smarter finishing today he'd have at least a hattrick of assists. Beautifully-weighted balls into the box. Be good for him to be our finisher as well as assister more too. 7
CMS - ran around a lot and on occasion controlled the ball more than i thought he would, but of course had those moments would have me cringe. O'Grady looked better once he came on, and that's not really a compliment to CMS. 5

Our style and the game i give a 9. Brilliantly exciting to watch, but had me swearing again and again and he bleeding close we were. If we get the goals to go with our passing, then we're on to a real winner.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Am I the only one that thought Dunk should have taken control of the situation and headed away rather than step away from Jones?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Am I the only one that thought Dunk should have taken control of the situation and headed away rather than step away from Jones?

He must've had a shout from the keeper surely?

Think we played well tonight, frustrating but encouraging.

Stockdale- 5- Ultimately cost us 2 points, but did make a good stop in the second half

Bruno-7- Not sure he meant the goal but great finish nonetheless. Looked threatening first half but faded.
Greer-7- Dealt with Jones pretty well considering his size and power.
Dunk-5.5- Bit of a poor game especially considering recent form. Could've lost it for us with that awful header in the second half.
Bennett-7.5- Did well, not quite as agile going forward as Bridge was but had what was probably his best game in a Brighton shirt so far tonight.
Gardner-6.5- Better option than Crofts at the moment i think.
Holla-5.5- Passing was a bit erratic at times and some of his set pieces were terrible.
JFC-5- I can't believe what I'm reading above about him being MoM, I thought he was poor tonight. Wasted the ball numerous times in good attacking positions. Can't see why he is starting ahead of Ince.
Teixeira-6- Looked decent early on but lost it in the second half. Trying too hard it seems.
CMS-5- He ran a lot. Didn't stand much of a chance against their two mammoth CB's but he is clearly lacking confidence.
LuaLua-5.5- Still think he is not much more than a supersub. Doesn't seem to run at defenders anymore and lashed a good 1st half chance over.

O'Grady-6- Didn't look entirely useless, definitely needs someone alongside him. Expected to see Colunga on for CMS.
McCourt-6- He definitely has the spark to win games late on, but didn't get enough time to shine.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
He made around half a dozen superbly timed challenges at key moments to dispossess them.

Orchestrated many of our best moves

Excellent pass completion rate including one through ball to CMS who couldn't hold of the defender.

Covered huge amounts of ground all evening protecting the back four and also receiving the ball from them.

JFC had a very good game tonight and apart from his shot late on and a couple of passes that went astray he was far more involved tonight and showed some real strength and tenacity defensively.

Would be interesting to get the player stats as I feel they will surprise many.
Completely agree, had a very good game, played with much more purpose and even seemed quicker than usual, great pass to CMS, he seems to have added a defence- splitting pass to his game recently. Am feeling much more positive about him after recent performances.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Stockdale 5
Bruno 7
Greer 7
Dunk 5 a stinker today
Bennett 8
Holla 7
Gardner 7
JFC 8
LuaLua 7
Texeira 7
CMS 4 very poor

O'Grady 6
McCourt 6

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale - 5 - good save, but bad, bad error
Bruno - 6
Bennett - 7
Greer - 7
Dunk - 6
Holla - 7
JFC - 5 wasteful
Gardner - 5 as above
Tex - 6 good first poor second
KLL - 7
CMS - 6

COG - 6
McCourt - 6

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Stockdale - 3 - what was he doing
Bruno - 6
Bennett - 7
Greer - 7
Dunk - 7 - must have got a call to duck ... next time ignore it please
Holla - 7
JFC - 6
Gardner - 6
Tex - 3 misplaced almost everything and loses the ball to easily ... getting worse game by game
KLL - 7 - looked better tonight
CMS - 5 - Can we send him and our other strikers to finishing school
COG - 6 -Better than Cms ... See above
McCourt - 6 - Needs more game time

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
@ Acker 79 If anyone rates CMS or Stockdale above JFC can we omit their scores as either they are blind, stupid or both!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale - 3 - what was he doing
Bruno - 6
Bennett - 7
Greer - 7
Dunk - 7 - must have got a call to duck ... next time ignore it please
Holla - 7
JFC - 6
Gardner - 6
Tex - 3 misplaced almost everything and loses the ball to easily ... getting worse game by game
KLL - 7 - looked better tonight
CMS - 5 - Can we send him and our other strikers to finishing school
COG - 6 -Better than Cms ... See above
McCourt - 6 - Needs more game time

We were behind the goal & didn't hear a call. If there was, Stockdale's dropped a huge bollock. If not it's down to Lewis, whose body language kind of looked that way

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale 5
Bruno 7
Dunk 5
Greer 8
Bennett 8
Holla 6
Gardener 7
Caskey 6