Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Cardiff City *** Official Match Day Thread ***

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Mmmmm I am hinting at it.

Some co** will no doubt pull some ridiculous stat to say otherwise.

18th, that's THE stat that counts

Look at it this way. Had Marshall not had a blinder tonight we would have won that 2-1 or 3-1. We'd still only be 16th, but would you have felt more positive?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Look at it this way. Had Marshall not had a blinder tonight we would have won that 2-1 or 3-1. We'd still only be 16th, but would you have felt more positive?

Marshall did not "have a blinder", he is just that good. We can't keep using this opposition keeper is having a blinder excuse, it seems to be the same every week. We just need to accept that keepers at this level are actually very good. Finishing is the problem.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Yep. Put loads of words together that mean nothing.

We're 18th and not winning games.

Every game tells a story. A story where we are the hard luck guys every time. Blah blag blah

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Well that was a game. So so frustrating not to get those against a bizarrely disjointed big money side. Of course we need someone who can bag the goals, but the entire blame for defeat goes to Stockdale who had one save to make in the whole game, but foolishly blundered to give them a non-chance. I still don't trust him as a keeper, even if I do as a ball-player. Some of our passing was sublime, and I pray to see more of it, without the f*ck-ups.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
So we didn't deserve to win tonight, is that what you are saying?
If you are, I sympathise with your complete lack of football knowledge.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Well that was a game. So so frustrating not to get those against a bizarrely disjointed big money side. Of course we need someone who can bag the goals, but the entire blame for defeat goes to Stockdale who had one save to make in the whole game, but foolishly blundered to give them a non-chance. I still don't trust him as a keeper, even if I do as a ball-player. Some of our passing was sublime, and I pray to see more of it, without the f*ck-ups.

Stockdale could be as good as Ronaldo with the ball but it means **** all if you can't keep the ball out of the net. A task he struggles with.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale saved one from point blank when Dunk sold him short with a back header.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Marshall did not "have a blinder", he is just that good. We can't keep using this opposition keeper is having a blinder excuse, it seems to be the same every week. We just need to accept that keepers at this level are actually very good. Finishing is the problem.
There are folk on the Cardiff forum reckoning that it could have been 7-1 without Marshall. He had an exceptional game, and yes he is a quality keeper.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Opposition fans used to say the same about Kuszczak.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
NSC certainly has a lot of time and patience with David Stockdale. Ankers would get absolutely crucified if he came into the side as a last minute replacement and made a crucial error like that.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
An exceptional game for a keeper means the strikers weren't good enough. The best keeper in the world can't save a good shot.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Why Baldock? I thought COG looked good when he came on, much more imposing than Baldock and a better first touch than CMS.

Not seen enough of Baldock to comment yet, but agree that O'Grady looked a handful tonight and I'm feeling pretty positive that he'll turn out OK

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I heard the boos again! Its very sad! But we are poor in front of goal! :facepalm:

What you heard was us booing that useless excuse of a referee, the team played excellently and if not for Marshall in their goal would have won at a canter. I have missed just two games at the Amex and can honestly say that was one of the best performances from our team since Gus left, much more entertaining than some of the dross served up last season, definitely a work in progress i was a little concerned during our earlier performances this season but things are really beginning to take shape. Sami gets my vote. Seagulls.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here