Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
joe-l229-1978761_478x359.jpg

Joe Bennett
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
11:00 30th September 2014
by James Hilsum
Hopefully I will show what I can do and we’ll see what happens at the end of the season."
Joe Bennett

Loanee Joe Bennett says he is completely focused on Brighton & Hove Albion until the end of the season.
The full-back has two years remaining on his contract at parent club Aston Villa and aims to return to the Midlands next summer, but only once he has given his all for the Seagulls.
The 24-year-old told seagulls.co.uk, “I just want to play as many games as I can here. Hopefully I will show what I can do and we’ll see what happens at the end of the season.
“I’ve been at Aston Villa for two years, but I don’t think I played my best football there; if I’m being honest, I don’t think I was ready for the Premier League, signing when I did.
“Maybe a couple more years at Middlesbrough would have been better for me, but I’m just buzzing to show people what I can do this season.
“I just want to make sure I play well for Brighton. I think I’ve started okay and put in some good performances. Hopefully that can continue.” [h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The former England under-21 international is expecting a very tough test against Cardiff tonight, having faced them in the Premier League while wearing the claret and blue of Villa.
“I played against Cardiff last season and they were a tough team. They had big Kenwyne Jones upfront who was a handful and had some quick wingers as well. Everyone is going to have to be on their game to get three points.”
Bennett explained how much he is enjoying playing in a more forward role in Sami Hyypia’s side and is confident the team will soon find their goalscoring touch.
“The way that we keep the ball allows me to get high up the pitch and the right-back gets high up there as well.
“The manager said that he wants me to get into the box and show I can do. That suits my game, as I love getting forward and I’m really enjoying my football at the minute.
“I think we’ve been playing really well. We’re creating chances, which is the most important thing.
“We created a lot of chances on Saturday and we now just need to put the ball in the back of the net. Hopefully we can do it against Cardiff tonight.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF
[/h] TUESday 30TH september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h] SATURDAY 18th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ROTHERHAM
[/h] saturDAY 25TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills