Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£300k for a one bed flat overlooking the Goldstone Retail Park

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
£300k for a one bed flat overlooking the Goldstone Retail Park
Ouch. Right by a busy main road, when houses adjacent are only a little more.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
if you want luxury you can buy a 5 bedroom bungalow with all the mod cons and fantastic views and wildlife

trouble is its in WALES
BUT YOU MIGHT ALSO GET SOME CHANGE

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

This sort of thing just makes me realise that we are even more rapidly becoming a divided people of Haves and Have Nots ( and probably never have a chance )and I feel sad for our children who may well never be able to buy a property.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
if you want luxury you can buy a 5 bedroom bungalow with all the mod cons and fantastic views and wildlife

trouble is its in WALES
BUT YOU MIGHT ALSO GET SOME CHANGE

Does it come with £250k cashback ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Close to Hove Station. Imagine if you worked in central London and you didn't really fancy a similar commute time (or an extra half hour if you live on the coast) and pay the same for a similar property in a congested capital.

A great park a mere short stroll away.

I know what I would do.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1 hour is absolute minimum train time Hove-London Bridge peak (and then only 1 per morning which only takes an hour). Add on time to get from home to platform and platform to desk, almost impossible to be under 1.5 hours.

Depends. My neighbour commutes to an office next to Victoria station, and at the Brighton end he has just a 5 / 10 minute bike ride to and from Preston Park train station to his home. He seems fine with a day away from home for say 11 hours for a very well paid job, gets excellent holiday entitlement and he doesn't have to use the London tube or buses.

I personally wouldn't have fancied the London commute, but others cope well with it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That's hilarious -- low quality build, squeezed into a tiny plot with no garden, and it's amazing that they've managed to photograph it (with the photographer lying on the grass in Hove Park, by the looks of it) in such a way that you'd never realise it was ten feet away from a really busy road next to traffic lights.

This accept when your the seller, then it's ok…

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just paid about 200k for a 2 bedroom new build apartment in hovin. Its about a five minute drive from the E6, thats the main road between trondheim and oslo, so access is easy when it snows, but also very cars come our way and you cant see or hear the road, and have a lovely view overlooking a field from my terrace. Also no light pollution so the skies on a clear night are absolutely magnificent. Its a 30 min drive to work at back which is nothing really in the scheme of things.

Sounds beautiful. I'm sold.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Depends. My neighbour commutes to an office next to Victoria station, and at the Brighton end he has just a 5 / 10 minute bike ride to and from Preston Park train station to his home. He seems fine with a day away from home for say 11 hours for a very well paid job, gets excellent holiday entitlement and he doesn't have to use the London tube or buses.

I personally wouldn't have fancied the London commute, but others cope well with it.

You are missing my point, which was people often quote that their commute is only an hour to London from Hove but home to desk is rarely under 1.5 hours, often longer.

MARKO

Dec 13, 2007
Buy the top floor overlooking the park...view obstructed by the trees in the summer...bargain !

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Close to Hove Station. Imagine if you worked in central London and you didn't really fancy a similar commute time (or an extra half hour if you live on the coast) and pay the same for a similar property in a congested capital.

A great park a mere short stroll away.

I know what I would do.

I know what I'd do. Buy a property within reach of BRIGHTON station, thereby meaning I could actually get a seat on the train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here