Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

House removals and storage advice

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Will be moving house soon between Hove and Worthing and on the lookout for a removals firm that offers storage. Always used man with van before but now I'm moving an entire house rather than from a shared flat.

Do removals companies offer a service where they can take things and store them before bringing them all on removals day? Ideally would like to have emptied the spare bedroom, loft etc of all it's furniture and junk a week or so before the big day so we don't have to do the entire house and loft in one day.

Any recommendations or advice?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've heard good things about Bishops Move, and I think they offer storage options.

When I moved, I rented a van from Henfield Hire up in Horsham - did the move with a mate but they do storage and van rental. Mrs Grombleton had a load of stuff in storage, so it seemed logical.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will be moving house soon between Hove and Worthing and on the lookout for a removals firm that offers storage. Always used man with van before but now I'm moving an entire house rather than from a shared flat.

Do removals companies offer a service where they can take things and store them before bringing them all on removals day? Ideally would like to have emptied the spare bedroom, loft etc of all it's furniture and junk a week or so before the big day so we don't have to do the entire house and loft in one day.

Any recommendations or advice?
Mills removals are quite decent and offer a service where they load your stuff into a container which is then sealed and delivered and unloaded when you need it. I think you will not be easily able to access the contents of the container in the interim though, if you realise later that you need something that's stored in it.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Yes most professional firms can accommodate you, get plenty of quotes and you should be surprised how much the good firms, (ie GB Liners who I would recommend) will come down in price to be competitive, especially out of busy season, as they need to keep staff on all year round.

They all do free estimates but make sure Estimator visits you to discuss and see the job, not over the phone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have an entire house currently stored with Pickfords. They literally turned up, packed everything and were gone by tea-time. Apart from singling out the items I was taking with me I pakced nothing; they did everything. They will also move or ship my stuff to wherever I want. Fantastic service.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I've heard good things about Bishops Move, and I think they offer storage options.

When I moved, I rented a van from Henfield Hire up in Horsham - did the move with a mate but they do storage and van rental. Mrs Grombleton had a load of stuff in storage, so it seemed logical.

[MENTION=4185]its_neil[/MENTION]...
I've used these guys and, yes, they certainly used to be able to offer storage. And they are very, very good. Big help when we moved from one flat in the Marina to another a few blocks down, both were 3 flights up and we found the owner's son and his mates hadn't moved out of the new place, so the removal guys just sent us away to have lunch (and call solicitors) to avoid the bulk of the stress. They then emptied the flat and moved our stuff in, then came and got us - all in double quick time and offered to do it all at a discount (which I refused and billed the previous owner the full costs).

Having moved a few times with my ex and once since, I can honestly say it has never gone 100% smoothly on moving day! Getting a good firm who have seen it all before and can handle in their stride is essential. To be honest, worth the extra cash too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here