Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Sussex boys' song

gazfoster

PBC
Aug 11, 2013
Southwick
You're missing the point. There's nothing wrong with that at all, what people have an issue with is the divide in the stand you cause by not singing the songs that are started by the other side. It's great that you're singing new songs, some of them are great, some of them are shit, but they shouldn't be to the detriment of the atmosphere.

I'm intrigued by the fact I'm being called a keyboard warrior because I don't go up and remonstrate with 50 people in a football stadium. I'd happily have a chat with any of you, I just want what I assume everyone wants, which is a better atmosphere in the Amex.

And for what it's worth, apart from the ridiculous and divisive 'no-one likes us' chant, I thought you were good last night.

I thought we sounded quality last we even stayed behind for 10mins and carried on singing, now if everyone joined in with us it would sound amazing, but no one don't join in and just sit there...:albion2:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I thought we sounded quality last we even stayed behind for 10mins and carried on singing, now if everyone joined in with us it would sound amazing, but no one don't join in and just sit there...:albion2:

You're in the wrong place I think, you need to be in the middle. Or the South, so there are then two stands singing.

If you joined in with the left side it would sound amazing, this is why the Amex needs the main singers together, not on opposite sides of the stands.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne

That's what i don't get. Everyone should join in with you but you don't join in with anyone else.

That also goes for the middle section of the North who wont join in with the corner section.

It's strange, you all clearly love singing & getting behind the team but will not unite & make the great wall of noise that it could be.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
This thread beggars belief. A combination of whining old farts who get their knickers in a twist over a section of a football stadium singing a football song...Some of you need to take a step away from your keyboard and breathe!

FWIW - I thought the atmosphere in the stadium and in particular where I was, in the North West was great last night...Did anyone see the guy in N1A trying to get everyone singing and failing last night? he was brilliant!

gazfoster

PBC
Aug 11, 2013
Southwick
This thread beggars belief. A combination of whining old farts who get their knickers in a twist over a section of a football stadium singing a football song...Some of you need to take a step away from your keyboard and breathe!

FWIW - I thought the atmosphere in the stadium and in particular where I was, in the North West was great last night...Did anyone see the guy in N1A trying to get everyone singing and failing last night? he was brilliant!

Couldn't agree more with you, we sang throughout the whole game just need more in our section and it will be even better.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Couldn't agree more with you, we sang throughout the whole game just need more in our section and it will be even better.
Well done to anyone for singing, shouting or generally being behind the team. I often see the nw corner singing away but can rarely hear them from the family stand. It's a shame more of the north can't get involved as I reckon that's the only time most of the rest of the ground can hear anything.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well you all have a problem with us...were just trying to get some atmosphere back into to the amex....whats wrong with that????

What do you mean, every fan in the whole stadium has a problem with you?

I'm not in the North Stand but I can see and hear both groups from the North end of the WSU, good luck with your singing but a decent old song would be a bit more positive than a Millwall chant.

Just an observation here, if the group near the screen in the North start a song it's louder than you lot and usually some of the WSU will join in, TBH I heard the No one likes us but I didn't know what some of the other songs were about.

Also the no one likes us chant was because no one was joining in with the we're the north stand chant.
Maybe this was the reason:shrug:

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

That's because people don't know the words to your new songs, my son asked me what you lot were singing at one point last night, I couldn't answer his question.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's because people don't know the words to your new songs, my son asked me what you lot were singing at one point last night, I couldn't answer his question.
My brother asked me the same. He's a bit deaf. Unfortunately I wasn't in a position to answer. The song sounded unintelligible.

gazfoster

PBC
Aug 11, 2013
Southwick
Well done to anyone for singing, shouting or generally being behind the team. I often see the nw corner singing away but can rarely hear them from the family stand. It's a shame more of the north can't get involved as I reckon that's the only time most of the rest of the ground can hear anything.

didn't mean it in that way , just seems a few have that dislike us..

SingitLoud

Dec 4, 2012
Hove
There are a few of us that really give it large every game . myself and the judge's boys. I am top three rows of the north west.At the end of the match i am absolutely drained, i then get on the train to Brighton station, go to the Railway Bell, and still carry on!
Try it sometime ,look forward to seeing you there!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Wouldn't it scan better as:

Oh Albion
How we love you
The Sussex boys
In white and blue

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And yet I occasionally switch from WSU to NS, have sat the side nearer to the east, plum central and nearer the police box, and I've heard every song in every seat. Both "sides" of the north are as bad as each other for competing and refusing to join in with the other, because you can definitely hear each others' songs - I could. From WSU I'm in a good block where there are quite a lot of willing singers, but with >12000 fans in the west in 3 tiers, it's impossible to coordinate. If the north leads, the rest WILL follow - games like Leeds, Palace & Burnley have proven the Amex can be deafening when united. Away at brentford this song sounded great and the whole terrace was bouncing because everyone joined in. We're not far from that at the Amex if fellow fans could just stop their petty bickering and one-upsmanship and just join in as one and "lead" the rest of the crowd.

Well said. It all seems Bizaare & odd - this was never the case before. We all support the same team so why not join in with any song you hear being sung in the stadium like normal fans do?!?!

That's not a dig at anyone btw as I think the North stand is one of the loudest stands in the league & I love the fact the police box crew are trying new songs. The 'come on you boys in stripes' one sounds good but would sound amazing if the rest of the North dropped the competition thing & just sang along?!?!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Wouldn't it scan better as:

Oh Albion
How we love you
The Sussex boys
In white and blue

Or maybe better still as

Oh Albion
How we love you
Our Sussex boys
In white and blue

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just wanted to say that this sounded great on the stream today. Screw the haters, the embarrassed and the cringers. Keep singing loud and proud.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Just wanted to say that this sounded great on the stream today. Screw the haters, the embarrassed and the cringers. Keep singing loud and proud.

Bloody well this!

Those who criticise fellow fans who try to get an atmosphere going need to get a bloody life & stop f###ing moaning. Fair play to them & KEEP THE SONGS COMING!

The "need to get a life moaners" would no doubt criticise Man Utd fans as plastic for dishing out song sheets in pubs when wanting to get new songs going......it's got to start somewhere, by someone for Christ's sake!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was there today. I've read about it on here and wasn't sure about it. Today I heard it, after a could of renditions I joined in. And when you're in the middle of it it sounds great. Keep it up:O

I just hope a lot of the so gets at away games don't visit here too often so don't get disheartened by the idiots and carry on doing what they do to maintain the noise for us. Superb effort today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here