Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roast dinners?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How many do you have a month?
Going back 20 years or so it was routine to have a splendid roasty with all the trimmings and boy they were wonderful.Times have changed and it seems roasty's are as rare as CMS's goals.

I tend to have two in a month now although not long ago it was nearer 1 every 3 months:)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I tend to have two in a month now although not long ago it was nearer 1 every 3 months:)

And how many roast dinners?

When there are good potatoes for roasting, I tend to do one a week. Otherwise, about one a month. Was just thinking about doing a pork loin with crackling for tonight. Hmmm, yep, gotta be done!

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Probably about one a month in the summer and two-three a month in the winter .

It was every Sunday when I was a lad sitting at the table with Mum , Dad and Sister with my Nan once every two weeks , listening to Jimmy Sa-VILE .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Very traditional we have roast every Sunday alternating between Beef Lamb and Pork and a roast one day in the week usually Wednesday or Thursday with Chicken. The veg when in season must include fresh runner beans and marrow.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
And how many roast dinners?

When there are good potatoes for roasting, I tend to do one a week. Otherwise, about one a month. Was just thinking about doing a pork loin with crackling for tonight. Hmmm, yep, gotta be done!
Everyother week now 😃
Just got myself a beef joint and all the trimmings...Love parsnips and could eat them all day long.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
The missus gets a good roast about once a fortnight with plenty of juicy pork. She also likes a quality stuffing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Once a year at Xmas. I have always felt roast dinners are rather over-rated.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We usually cook enough on Sunday for me to have a second on Monday. So, I have about 8 a month I guess.

It's beef today. We alternate between, Beef, Chicken, Lamb and Pork.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Usually every week apart from the odd sunday Barbeque in summer or a slow cooked stew in winter.

Roast pork is the meat of choice at chez jevs, with the odd roast chicken or leg of lamb for a change.

Today, to compliment the pork, i have roast potatoes, roast parsnips, leeks, runner beans, swede, all grown on the allotment + sprouts and stuffing and also home made gravy.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Probably about two a month but would like more. Usually Beef or Chicken with roast Spuds, roast parsnips, sprouts, cabbage, carrots and peas. Love it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I am really going off eating a roast out these days, was in Hove Place last week and it's £14 for roast Beef/Pork/ Lamb . It was ok but not exactly filling, mind you there were some hefty priced desserts on offer to fill the gap. Including a couple of drinks you could comfortably spend £25 a head on what was a family staple.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not very often nowadays. Since Mrs P's daughter has moved out, we simply can't be arsed to cook one for just the 2 of us.

Most Sundays now involve sticking something in the slow cooker early doors, then doing whatever we have to do all day, and dinner is ready early evening when we want it.

Jobs-a-good-un :thumbsup:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I had forgotten what a roast tasted like :( I had a Christmas roast in 2011 when we went back to England )but since then and also Doctors orders to lose weight, salads and salads. Actually like them now and have lost 16 kilos!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
A lot more in the winter than the summer.

Winter probable about three times a month, summer once a month at the most.

In order my favourites are

Lamb
Beef
Pork
Turkey
Chicken

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here