Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's hard to judge him as he hasn't had much game time. I think he deserves more of a chance as its not as if any of our strikers are scoring goals. Let's hope in January the club spend big to properly replace Ulloa but I can't see it happening.

Pretty much this. It does annoy me when people label a player as useless before he is given a run of games to prove himself. Ok so perhaps this signing won't work out long term, but before, or unless, a player is given a run in the side no one will ever know what his true capabilities are . Jon Obika and Leroy Lita being other recent examples.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pretty much this. It does annoy me when people label a player as useless before he is given a run of games to prove himself. Ok so perhaps this signing won't work out long term, but before, or unless, a player is given a run in the side no one will ever know what his true capabilities are . Jon Obika and Leroy Lita being other recent examples.

I saw enough of Obika to know he wasn't good enough. Doing well in League 1 tho' TBF.

I agree re Lita. And Lita HAS succeeded at our level in the past.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That's true. I've often found that the Sun shines the light on the truth and does extensive research before revealing it's scoops!

Do you work for them?
I have often found that their level of accuracy correlates to that of the infamous football rumours site. Indeed if BensGrandad had started this thread I would wager he would have been roundly pilloried for believing the rumour :lolol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Oh for heaven's sake! He's been gone three years now - I got over my wife leaving quicker than that!

Alright nob head, it's a suggestion, I'm not screaming for his return or blaming the club for letting him go, he's a football player that plays in a position where we need assistance. Forgive me for mentioning a football players name in a football thread on a football forum.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
We desperately need a player with some strength who can hold the ball up front. I thought he did ok at Burton. But if he is deemed not good enough it's an indictment of how the club is run imho.
The fact that some of NSC's "experts" are judging him a Division 1 player is a total irrelevance even if they are right. Lets face it Dean Hammond and Ashley Barnes were considered Div 1 players by plenty of goons on here. Where are they now?
I wasn't impressed by Assombalonga yesterday either. His only chance to do anything against our centre backs involved cheating free kicks off a dopey ref. Perhaps we should have tried for Zamora.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Stop being intelligent. FFS

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Murray would have been a fantastic (re-)signing. Gus' biggest mistake was letting Muzza go for nowt. Well, before his gross misconduct naughtiness...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Forgive me for mentioning a football players name in a football thread on a football forum.
I would start my reply with 'alright nob head' too, but I don't go round gratuitously insulting other posters. Mentioning a footballer's name on a footballing thread is fine, but when it's the umpteen thousandth time that someone on NSC has said 'Bring back this particular player', when it clearly isn't going to happen, it gets rather tiresome.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I would start my reply with 'alright nob head' too, but I don't go round gratuitously insulting other posters. Mentioning a footballer's name on a footballing thread is fine, but when it's the umpteen thousandth time that someone on NSC has said 'Bring back this particular player', when it clearly isn't going to happen, it gets rather tiresome.
That may be so, however I've never mentioned Murray before, perhaps if it was a subject I'd continually dragged up then your point would be valid, but as it's the first and last time I've mentioned him on here I felt inclined to reply, albeit aggressively. Perhaps in future I should seek your approval for content.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here