Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest (away): player ratings

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Stocko needs to work on his distribution - some was just plain poor while other occasions were rushed when he should have taken his time, and some were delayed when there was an opportunity for a quick break. I'd give him a solid 6 with lots of room to get better.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Different perspective here. I was sitting among Forest fans in the Brian Clough Stand, so had a good view of many of our attacks. Although we know CMS' limitations only too well, opposition fans simply don't. His reputation precedes him, to the extent of striking terror into Forest hearts whenever he got the ball. Kaz was the player attracting most comments, and he did put in a terrific shift. Despite the woeful shooting, he was the only one presenting a creative, game-changing threat.

A few disappointments. So many poor crosses, especially from Bennett. CMS in reality frustrating, with high energy and quick thinking soon let down by fumbled footwork. Baldock really must be performing really poorly in training.

But the defence was excellent; not many teams will prevent Assombalonga and Antonio getting a sniff at goal as comprehensively as ours did.

With so many neatly-crafted chances we really should have won it - but, in the end, the outcome was fair.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Different perspective here. I was sitting among Forest fans in the Brian Clough Stand, so had a good view of many of our attacks. Although we know CMS' limitations only too well, opposition fans simply don't. His reputation precedes him, to the extent of striking terror into Forest hearts whenever he got the ball. Kaz was the player attracting most comments, and he did put in a terrific shift. Despite the woeful shooting, he was the only one presenting a creative, game-changing threat.

A few disappointments. So many poor crosses, especially from Bennett. CMS in reality frustrating, with high energy and quick thinking soon let down by fumbled footwork. Baldock really must be performing really poorly in training.

With so many neatly-crafted chances we really should have won it - but, in the end, the outcome was fair.

Baldock was injured for today....minor calf niggle I heard. CMS had two great chances, both curled wide. To be fair to him, he got more than one cross in from balls others wouldn't even have chased.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

But the defence was excellent; not many teams will prevent Assombalonga and Antonio getting a sniff at goal as comprehensively as ours did.

I also saw comments from Forest fans saying CMS was causing them problems. And one stated he gave Mancienne his toughest test of the season to date,

Yes his touch is poor at times and to be honest he should have put away that chance but MAYBE we are a bit too harsh on him and expect too much??

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I only watched on a stream, but it was a pretty good one, thanks NSC :thumbsup:

I agree with most people's vote on Dunk (and I am turning into a massive Paddy fan)

But.

Those of you have given CMS a 5. Are you Serious?

OK he didn't score but he did everything but score.

I have crititised him in the past but today was not one of those days.

I welcome (serious) debate on his performance today.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I only watched on a stream, but it was a pretty good one, thanks NSC :thumbsup:

I agree with most people's vote on Dunk (and I am turning into a massive Paddy fan)

But.

Those of you have given CMS a 5. Are you Serious?

OK he didn't score but he did everything but score.

I have crititised him in the past but today was not one of those days.

I welcome (serious) debate on his performance today.

Thought he did well. Gave their defenders a torrid time. But.

Should have scored that chance. He worked hard to get it and then squandered it. He's not a hold up player so slating him for this seems harsh.

Seen him play alot worse. But could have and should have been better with scoring that chance.

6.5 from me

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought he did well. Gave their defenders a torrid time. But.

Should have scored that chance. He worked hard to get it and then squandered it. He's not a hold up player so slating him for this seems harsh.

Seen him play alot worse. But could have and should have been better with scoring that chance.

6.5 from me

I will go with that. He should have scored but, imho, 5 was harsh.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As already suggested: JFC's best game for a while. A couple of perfectly weighted defence splitting passes for Bennett on the overlap.
If that's his best game for a while then God help us😛
He improved a bit in the 2nd half,but just isn't good enough...That easy ball to put CMS in a good position was embarrassing,went straight out for a goal kick:lolol:

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
Stockdale...Commanded the box well 7

Bennett...6
Greer...Played well and him and Dunk look to be making a great defensive pair 8
Dunk...Bossed it and skilful CB 9
Bruno...7

JFC...Still not enough in the game for me but some improvement 6
Crofts...7
Holla...6
KLL...A couple of occasions he could have took the ball on further and then shot 7

Colunga...6

CMS...Should have got that chance on target at least, still held the ball up and played better than on Wed overall 7

Subs
Ince...Got stuck in a played ok 7
Paddy...Get fit so the gaffer starts you from the beginning 6
Gardner...n/a

Our crowd.....Great
Their crowd...Very quiet for the city ground

Ref..A bit of a homer

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings