Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Day Thread ****

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Championship
Saturday 27 September 2014 (Kick-off 3pm)

Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion

ForestvsAlbion.jpg

City Ground

Referee: ROBERT MADLEY
Linesmen: Adam Nunn and Ronald Ganfield
Fourth Official: Geoff Eltringham

Score Predictor

Betting:

http://www.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-championship/event/17013868

Tickets from £28 against the Albion, £24 vs Blackburn, £20 vs Brentford.

First test of the season.

Forest have quite a good idea of the Albion team they are likely to face:
http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42238

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Starting XI

Albion have Dale Stephens out and Forest are missing Andy Reid.

The starting XI will be something like:

Darlow
Hunt-Wilson-Mancienne-Lichaj
Tesche-Vaughan
Burke-Lansbury-Antonio
Assombolonga

vs

Stockdale
Bruno Greer Dunk Bennett
Ince Crofts Holla Forster-Caskey
Lualua
Baldock

Antonio is the currently the leading form player in the Championship

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...ayerStatistics/England-Championship-2014-2015

Top of the table Forest lead the team form guide as well

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
How can it be described as the first test of the season when you have lost 4 of the 8 games you have played

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How can it be described as the first test of the season when you have lost 4 of the 8 games you have played

I am being generous. Sami has had time to get the misfits playing together and the game may very well give a good guide of how we stand? Forest are my tips to win the show this season, but having a look at the stats I am no longer so sure about it?

They have not been so strong in possession and passes completed (according to the stats) but seem to be clinical at scoring, scoring with all five shots on target against Fulham. I think Norwich and Derby look better bets so the two automatic promotion spots, with Blackburn and Wolves as outsiders.

We could get stuffed in this match if we play it wrongly. Forest fans predict a 85% win ratio. They expect to win 2-0.

To mimic our poor start of last season we need six points from our next four games, all against fancied opposition. I think we will see how we stand after these games.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I am being generous. Sami has had time to get the misfits playing together and the game may very well give a good guide of how we stand? Forest are my tips to win the show this season, but having a look at the stats I am no longer so sure about it?

They have not been so strong in possession and passes completed (according to the stats) but seem to be clinical at scoring, scoring with all five shots on target against Fulham. I think Norwich and Derby look better bets so the two automatic promotion spots, with Blackburn and Wolves as outsiders.

We could get stuffed in this match if we play it wrongly. Forest fans predict a 85% win ratio. They expect to win 2-0.

To mimic our poor start of last season we need six points from our next four games, all against fancied opposition. I think we will see how we stand after these games.

I thing you summed it up perfectly when you said Sami has had time to get the misfits to play together.

Without a doubt we can play better than we have so far this season.

What cannot be disguised is the lack of real quality in the squad.The player that can win a game in an instant.

Selling ulloa was inevitable & we got a fair price although it looks like Leicester got a bargain at the moment.

My biggest gripe is selling Buckley.A player that scored our first goals at the Amex had the ability to win a game from nowhere & when he had the ball at his feet would always make something happen.
Nobody could dispute he had injury problems but 2.5 m with a 20% sell on clause to Watford.When poyet was manager he said Buckley was better that zaha,a lot of that may have been talk but he believed in him enough to sign him again.

Lua lua is a real impact player but there is nothing he can do that will suprise the opposition.

I truely believe he is improving as a player but in my opinion the reason he is spending so much time on the pitch is because of the lack of quality in our squad.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
If Buckley didn't want to be here, we had to let him go, sadly that is the way of football, contracts only mean something to players until their head is turned. It's a total one way street for clubs and fans.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No point in crying over split milk. I would take Will Buckley back if Sunderland get relegated on 60% of his wages there.

We must be weaker w/o Buckley and Ulloa not being replaced like for like. I am not worried about Barnes, Upson and Bridcutt though. Stockdale seems to be improving.

Next four games will be a test of where we stand.

At the moment Norwich and Derby look to have stronger squads and I fancy Blackburn and Wolves to make a strong challenge.

That means how do we stand against Forest, Cardiff, Watford and Middlesbrough?

I would like to think Holla would become that influential midfielder that we need for a 4-3-3 shape. I hope we can regain our ability to keep possession in midfield.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Am not confident with this one as Forest will score at least one but I'm not sure where our goals are going to come from if I'm honest. Getting an early goal is key for us in this game as Forest have been very free scoring so far this season and if they are allowed to build up a head of steam at home we will struggle to hold them back with the quality they have. Assombalonga has already scored against us in pre-season and we will do well to stop him today.

Lets hope today is the day Stockdale really shows us he is premiership class.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Forest 0 - 2 Albion
I don't know or even care who scores
this game will be the start of a really good run
always half full

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No point in crying over split milk. I would take Will Buckley back if Sunderland get relegated on 60% of his wages there.

We must be weaker w/o Buckley and Ulloa not being replaced like for like. I am not worried about Barnes, Upson and Bridcutt though. Stockdale seems to be improving.

Next four games will be a test of where we stand.

At the moment Norwich and Derby look to have stronger squads and I fancy Blackburn and Wolves to make a strong challenge.

That means how do we stand against Forest, Cardiff, Watford and Middlesbrough?

I would like to think Holla would become that influential midfielder that we need for a 4-3-3 shape. I hope we can regain our ability to keep possession in midfield.
FFS get over your obsession with buckley...I would be seriously pissed off if he returned,he offered nothing for two bloody years and has cheesy hamstrings...What a deal we got for him.

Yet you still blab on about him even though he admitted his eye was on a move and he wasn't interested in playing while here while we paid his bloody wages.

He's shite and gone...Get over it :censored:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Stream?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Wheel loose

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
FFS get over your obsession with buckley...I would be seriously pissed off if he returned,he offered nothing for two bloody years and has cheesy hamstrings...What a deal we got for him.

Yet you still blab on about him even though he admitted his eye was on a move and he wasn't interested in playing while here while we paid his bloody wages.

He's shite and gone...Get over it :censored:
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Setting off at midday for the game and would love to think that my second "home" (relatively speaking) game in a week will yield a second result. I reckon we will need three to win this one and if our fullbacks continue to play too deep in the opponents' half without covering back even that may not be enough.....Perseus starting the match day thread just confirms it! :lolol:
Got a feeling this could be a great game for a football fan though no matter what

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Forest have spent a ridiculous amount of money in the past couple of seasons so anything other than promotion for them would be an underachievement. Probably best just to get this match out of the way so a draw would be a massive bonus.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thing you summed it up perfectly when you said Sami has had time to get the misfits to play together.

Without a doubt we can play better than we have so far this season.

What cannot be disguised is the lack of real quality in the squad.The player that can win a game in an instant.

Selling ulloa was inevitable & we got a fair price although it looks like Leicester got a bargain at the moment.

My biggest gripe is selling Buckley.A player that scored our first goals at the Amex had the ability to win a game from nowhere & when he had the ball at his feet would always make something happen.
Nobody could dispute he had injury problems but 2.5 m with a 20% sell on clause to Watford.When poyet was manager he said Buckley was better that zaha,a lot of that may have been talk but he believed in him enough to sign him again.

Lua lua is a real impact player but there is nothing he can do that will suprise the opposition.

I truely believe he is improving as a player but in my opinion the reason he is spending so much time on the pitch is because of the lack of quality in our squad.

What a load of shit. Buckley had one good game last year; the rest of the time he was either 'injured' or mediocre. A waste of wages.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just leaving STP

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
No great expectations for today but just hope the youngster has a result to enjoy - maybe the strikers will score! Uta

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here