Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Day Thread ****

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I really don't get your point, JFC is a good Championship player, he is not Premier quality yet but give him time.
If you want Premier my advice would be to watch another team.

Ridiculous answer really!. Don't you think paddy deserved to be played ahead of him!.

Why don't you go and support a Tin pot club with low expectations!. As your so fond of telling others where to go!.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
****ING COME on BOYS!!!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can never understand why managers choose a particular line-up to try and counteract the other side - just play your best team! Ridiculous that Tex and McCourt aren't in the starting XI.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Looks to me today that out of a big squad, four of the weakest players have made the starting 11.

Let's hope he's saving the better ones for Tuesday.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
What actually is it he's being asked to do that's alien to him? Surely if he was 10 yards further forward he'd still have to pass, run and tackle.

Of course but the responsibilities are totally different. He still has to do the basics but being a no.10 is about having the ability to pick a forward pass, support the forwards, getting in the box etc. He CAN improve the basics but it's apples and oranges. People moan about Kaz being played out of position as an inside forward and it's exactly the same with JFC being played as a holding/ defensive midfielder.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Of course but the responsibilities are totally different. He still has to do the basics but being a no.10 is about having the ability to pick a forward pass, support the forwards, getting in the box etc. He CAN improve the basics but it's apples and oranges. People moan about Kaz being played out of position as an inside forward and it's exactly the same with JFC being played as a holding/ defensive midfielder.

Possibly, but I've seen Crofts play deep and I've seen him a bit further forward and he still looks the same player.

I'm dubious as to whether JFC would suddenly come to life playing further forward.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Possibly, but I've seen Crofts play deep and I've seen him a bit further forward and he still looks the same player.

I'm dubious as to whether JFC would suddenly come to life playing further forward.

Have you watched him play for England U17s and U21s? He's a lot more attacking.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

Bit radical I know because we have all played football manager but is there any chance we could let the manager pick the team and then actually support them?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

My problem with this is that I just haven't seen JFC play enough balls to hurt the opposition. He's tidy in possession and in his passing, has got a good shot, gets through a lot of work, but I want that hurt ball for him to play further advanced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here