Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Day Thread ****

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Why should that make any difference?

How old does he have to be before he can be criticised for his performances then?

Age doesn't matter, it's criticised when it's undeserved and this is another example of undeserved criticism towards one of our players.

It seems to be that if a young player comes through our ranks, then they will get criticised unless they are world class from the first second of their Albion career, they arn't allowed to ever give the ball away despite all players doing it from time to time (regardless of cost and worth) and that they are always deemed second rate because they weren't a name, someone signed for a fee from another club or having a long distinguished career before arriving with us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The key word is IF.

I agree. JFC is the sort of player who needs to be accepted for his limitations on the understanding that he can break up player and be strong - a bit like a midfield Ashley Barnes. Playing a team of gifted average sized players who have a tendency to go missing is a recipe for relegation.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
It seems to be that if a young player comes through our ranks, then they will get criticised unless they are world class from the first second of their Albion career, they arn't allowed to ever give the ball away despite all players doing it from time to time (regardless of cost and worth) and that they are always deemed second rate because they weren't a name, someone signed for a fee from another club or having a long distinguished career before arriving with us.
Rubbish!. Dunk is very Good. And getting better!.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the ref has turned on us

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
So you've decided to become one of the new breed!.

No I've decided to be a supporter of the team and the players that are picked. I don't expect overnight success and
I do like to see us bring players through the youth set up. You are welcome to your opinion. I just
don't agree with you.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
natives are getting very restless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here