Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Day Thread ****

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I thought that was a great performance overall against the league leaders. Colunga was anonymous and we definitely lack an edge up front, but that aside, I thought we were excellent.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Good defensive performance, but concerned abut where the goals are going to come from. But game showed how tight this league is - Forest no great shakes

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was it the fans or the players that voted JFC's goal as GOTS last year?
The original comment maker was talking of the loud MINORITY.

You know as well as I do if player x is taking a pasting, he's only taking it from the same people, saying the same things.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I don't think we're far off being a good side. It's just frustrating that we finally found a goal scorer in Ulloa but didn't bother to spend big to get a proper replacement in when he left.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
3 clean sheets in a row so it looks like our defence is sorted. Now to sort out the strikers.

Little acorns and all that. The season proper starts here.

I think we shaded that game, and on another day might have won 2-0. Hyppia should have brought on Paddy about 10 minutes earlier.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
McCourt is the only player who makes the right decision in the final third of the pitch. When to run, pass etc. Really hope he's fit enough to start regularly soon. Dunk MOTM for me. Full Time.

True. Decision making in the final 3rd is poor and if we can get it right we will start to score

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Good point, we never looked in trouble at the back but never looked as if we would score! Need McCourt to start instead of JFC and I'm yet to see Colunga offer anything ......... The new Spanish Dave!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What was the story with Baldock today? Same old CMS huffed, puffed, put himself about but ultimately did nothing. He wasn't aware he was offside when he missed that sitter at the end was he?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I know it's only the end of September, but I really don't have a good feeling about this season.

Today is a good result up there, but it hasn't given me any more confidence. I believe our transfer dealings have been poor and now we find ourselves left with a squad of players that has a very lightweight feel about it.

Unless something drastic happens in January, I can see it being a long hard season and a flirt with a relegation battle wouldn't overly surprise me. Long way to go yet, and hopefully we can turns things around, but this is just me honest feelings at the moment.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That was a pretty decent performance, NF should have had 2 or 3 more yellow cards.

Really annoying that Ince got a yellow when Forest players committing similar fouls got away with it.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Little acorns and all that. The season proper starts here.

I think we shaded that game, and on another day might have won 2-0. Hyppia should have brought on Paddy about 10 minutes earlier.

Agreed. I presume he was slightly worried Paddy wouldn't have put the defensive shift in.

Happy with the point. Would like to see Paddy start on Tuesday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here