Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Detectorists BBC4 Thursday at 10pm

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As it's had a couple of mentions this week, across the NSC, I thought I'd give the thread a quick :bounce:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If only he could ditch his girlfiend I could love it rather than like it. Her character just does not work, in fact it jars.

Agreed.

This is one of the very few things I bother to watch on TV. Very enjoyable series, mainly because I like the pace of it, the gentle humour and the two lead characters. Simon and Garfunkel are funny too.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Watched the whole of the first series and the first three of the second in double quick time. Love it. Anyone else fancy a bit of detectoring?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Last night's scene where Lance was sat on the bench next to the dog poo bin had me in stitches.

not as much as (on the revelation lance has a daughter) how Andy was more concerned if the council picked up the bed that was chainsawed in half........the one that took three trips to the tip.

great TV.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
'Come the end of the summer, she found out she was pregnant, furious, she sawed my bed in half............lengthways?' :lolol::laugh:

Capture.JPG

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I enjoyed the Marshmellow gag too . The best thing about this show is how the smallest things delivered in such an understated way can be literally laugh out loud funny.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What a brilliant end to the series.

Loved it. Lovely stuff.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Sheila's brilliant. I love it when she shows up. Her ESP makes the gentle pace of the show just that little bit trippier.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Superb series, loved every minute of it!

They even managed to include a stunning shot of a slug climbing up a parasol mushroom in the opening sequence. If I could add icing to a perfectly baked cake, that would be it :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Did anyone else cry?

I didn't cry, but when the camera panned out to show Lance doing the 'gold dance' I shouted "YES!"

No TV programme has ever had me doing that since Tim got together with Dawn in 'The Office' Christmas special. Brilliant writing and sublime acting and directing.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I didn't cry, but when the camera panned out to show Lance doing the 'gold dance' I shouted "YES!"

No TV programme has ever had me doing that since Tim got together with Dawn in 'The Office' Christmas special. Brilliant writing and sublime acting and directing.

Superb stuff,utter joy to watch,cant put my finger on it precisely why but some of the best TV for donkeys years
quite fancy a new hobby to get me out in the open air more......dont think i would be disappointed in finding a quatro ring pull either :)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
xmas special is an unexpected excellent bonus as well
here is the theme tune if you cant wait for the opening credits until then

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Excellent stuff - really should pull in some awards. The rare thing is that as well as some laugh-out loud moments (how many sitcoms deliver that these days?), you genuinely care about the characters, and there are some genuinely poignant moments too. Top, top quality.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Marvelous.

I can't believe I didn't post last week after Russell drank some lemonade. I've been laughing about it all week.

Now this week, after finding out Hugh is 32:-

"have you got a syndrome" :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here