Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Detectorists BBC4 Thursday at 10pm

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Reckon this is also worth a watch. With Toby Jones.

That it was.

Those of a slightly BBC4 disposition ought to catch up on this.

It's very funny albeit in a low key gentle way.
Perhaps a little contrived in places, but when it's good it's very good.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I loved it... but spent most of all 6 episodes trying to work out why Becky was so fascinating.

And then I discovered, she is Rachael Stirling, Diana Rigg's daughter, and featured in 'Tipping the Velvet' :blush:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I loved it... but spent most of all 6 episodes trying to work out why Becky was so fascinating.

And then I discovered, she is Rachael Stirling, Diana Rigg's daughter, and featured in 'Tipping the Velvet' :blush:
The thing that's so 'fascinating' was the fact that Becky and Andy were together, in the first place.

I loved the Antiquisearchers and Larry Bishop.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Loved this series. A real Thursday night treat.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Finished watching this tonight on iplayer. It's perverse to say, but I hope they keep it on BBC Four, it's the right channel for it, but can see them moving it to Two. Loved it, a million miles from the shit they're serving up on mainstream and "yoof" channels. Can't quite believe that it was commissioned by the same organisation that keeps bringing back Citizen Khan to bbc One!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another award for Toby Jones.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The thing that's so 'fascinating' was the fact that Becky and Andy were together, in the first place.

The last couple of episodes/scenes where he visits her mums, how they dealt withBecky's pregnancy, and that last trip detecting together shows really well i thought thought their attraction for each other. And they are both fine actors.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Be interesting to see if Mackenzie Crook can keep the level of writing up; well directed by him too. Good autumnal series to warm the heart; also very good casting getting Toby Jones onboard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank you. Loved the last series. Really hoping this new one will be just as good. :thumbsup:
There's a big piece in today's Times.
To massively paraphrase the article, it says everything has moved on by a year, plenty has changed, but essentially everything has remained the same.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Looking forward to it, loved the first series and the theme tune by Johnny Flynn. His band is called 'Johnny Flynn & The Sussex Wit'. He is the half-brother of Jerome Flynn of Ripper Street and Game of Thrones fame.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Only managed to watch the first series a couple of weeks ago and thought it was excellent. Looking forward to the new series.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Thanks for the reminder. Really looking forward to this - the last series was like finding a little gem amongst the wall-to-wall "vote-for-your-favourite" dross.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All's right in the world.

The show has carried on exactly how it left off.

Although no sign of The Antiquisearchers, yet.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Looking forward to it, loved the first series and the theme tune by Johnny Flynn. His band is called 'Johnny Flynn & The Sussex Wit'. He is the half-brother of Jerome Flynn of Ripper Street and Game of Thrones fame.

Interesting fact that. I met him years ago through work and remember him to be (obviously an excellent songsmith) quite quiet and curly of hair. Half brothers via two mums then, I'm guessing? And no before you ask, I'm not related to Francis Crick...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here