Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP party conference

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Miliband is utterly pitiful. Have Labour really been reduced to selecting a pink blancmange as leader? How did it ever come to this? He's not even the most talented politician in his family. Sake! Oh, and UKIP are a Spitting Image joke of a party but says so much about the general dumbing down of Britain. Trouble is, you have to go out and vote for the least worst option else the retards win the day.

In fairness we could do with a spitting image now. Foot and kin nock were as risible as tebb it and thatch, they would have a field day with farage. Would be very funny whatever your political stance.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In fairness we could do with a spitting image now. Foot and kin nock were as risible as tebb it and thatch, they would have a field day with farage. Would be very funny whatever your political stance.

For sure. UK TV is absolutely GAGGING for a re-vamped Spitting Image. So many targets, so little airtime.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
For sure. UK TV is absolutely GAGGING for a re-vamped Spitting Image. So many targets, so little airtime.

You can see it now, in a pub with a pint of frothing bitter and a fag a bit like they used to do with the queen mum and her gin.

Everything was better in the eighties.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I pay lower tax paid for with the money saved from getting out of the EU.. No brainer, they will win tons of votes on this one. Anyone who thinks not is deluded IMO, we all pay far to much tax .

Trouble is, I don't think it is quite as simple as that. For deluded maybe read informed.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Joke party. Might get 1 seat at a GE and it won't be Farage's. They hopefully will take some of the Tory vote at the next GE. Labour appealing to their traditional support will get close to 35% of the vote. Cheers Nigel!

Hope not we are still recovering from the last labour government mess

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
ukip-free-speech.jpg

Why are you posting this fake crap made up by some UKip opposing ****, who made this up on twitter, Who, btw got told to take it down by the police!..

Although the first one should be true if it's referring to fathers getting paid maternity leave, Plain ridiculous!.

Dandyman

In London village.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Personally I detest Farage more than any other politician.

He'll probably never get my vote on those grounds alone :lolol:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If our experience with the GOP is anything to go by, you actually can campaign on a platform of "Go ahead -- you can dismantle my social democracy, provided only that people I don't like, look like, or pray like suffer and I get to watch."

One-nation-but-you're-not-in-it Toryism.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It does make laugh how the Labour supporters get their knickers in a twist about UKIP. It means UKIP must be doing something right ! Besides, all the moans, groans and gripes won't stop people voting for UKIP.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It always makes me laugh how you regularly hear support for Labour, but you very rarely hear a positive thing said about Ed Milliband. It really was an horrendous choice of leader. Why pick somebody so genuinely difficult to warm to? Surely there must have been better options?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It does make laugh how the Labour supporters get their knickers in a twist about UKIP. It means UKIP must be doing something right ! Besides, all the moans, groans and gripes won't stop people voting for UKIP.

Yes he certainly is doing something right, helping a Labour majority.
I think its the Tory supporters that are most worried. UKIP will take votes from the BNP, smaller parties and and far right Tory voters automatically, he will no doubt make incursions into the traditional Tory vote. The type that live in upper middle class home counties and are afraid of, but have never met, a Lithuanian.
Labour's poorer heartlands are where Ukip will try to make gains, appealing to the poorer voters, telling them they would be better off out of the EU and less immigrants taking jobs etc, also that Labour aren't doing enough. Milliband, however much of a useless leader people think he is, is doing something quite clever. He's retaking the traditional Labour vote. So he's less likely to lose votes to ukip, more likely to steal votes from the Lib Dems and more likely to push towards a Majority. Ukip are a real threat to the Tories, they can help produce a swing from Tory to Labour via ukip. I doubt they will win more than 1 seat, but the vote percentage might be enough to reduce the Tory vote. The more fear and anti foreigner hype Farage creates will give rise to the Europe debate within the Tory party and cause damage as the GE approaches.
Just my opinion of course.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Yes he certainly is doing something right, helping a Labour majority.
I think its the Tory supporters that are most worried. UKIP will take votes from the BNP, smaller parties and and far right Tory voters automatically, he will no doubt make incursions into the traditional Tory vote. The type that live in upper middle class home counties and are afraid of, but have never met, a Lithuanian.
Labour's poorer heartlands are where Ukip will try to make gains, appealing to the poorer voters, telling them they would be better off out of the EU and less immigrants taking jobs etc, also that Labour aren't doing enough. Milliband, however much of a useless leader people think he is, is doing something quite clever. He's retaking the traditional Labour vote. So he's less likely to lose votes to ukip, more likely to steal votes from the Lib Dems and more likely to push towards a Majority. Ukip are a real threat to the Tories, they can help produce a swing from Tory to Labour via ukip. I doubt they will win more than 1 seat, but the vote percentage might be enough to reduce the Tory vote. The more fear and anti foreigner hype Farage creates will give rise to the Europe debate within the Tory party and cause damage as the GE approaches.
Just my opinion of course.

Just about right.

Vote UKIP, get labour.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Really hate how they're going to get votes from people thinking 'let's give them a chance, they might shake things up'

That's the very last thing they'll do - simply a continuation of big business and the establishment while ignoring pressing issues like climate change and income distribution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here