Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could revisit one game from the goldstone era which would it be?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
After rekindling many fine memories from the Maracana of the south, I am making the following 5 additions to my previous top 15 to make it a round 20:

16. 3-3 Liverpool 81 - Jimmy Case bullet header, 3-1 down, the Reds shell shocked. Oh yes.
17. 1-4 Liverpool 79 - I know we lost but it was amazing to see their players on OUR pitch. We were taught a lesson that day.
18. 1-2 Chelsea 83 - Electric atmosphere, 'orrible away fans as you know.
19. 3-1 Mansfield 77 - Back to the top of the league. Wardy bags another brace.
20. 5-1 Preston 78 - Gerry Ryan debut, 2 own goals, Ryan involved in 4 of the 5.

Tottenham 78 still remains my one game I would revisit. The 70s for the Albion was something very special.

I remember looking at Kenny Dalgleish that day and thinking,****ing hell, we've come a long way

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
This....The best game i've ever been to as a 10 year old under the lights.

Although West Ham's 2-1 win in 1978 when 'Pop' Robson got them both is up there :cool:

Remember that game for the Trevor Brooking masterclass.......still we went up and the Irons stayed down.

No one game for me, several stick in the mind: Rochdale and Villa in 72, the Shrewsbury and Portsmouth 4-0s in 77, Ryan's debut and the Eric Potts super sub show in 77-78, all the Palace matches especially 76, all the Liverpool matches were crackers, our first win in Div 1 against Bolton, it's never ending......

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
As you can tell from my user name, I remember it well.

This time I'd go in the South Stand though!

An incredible evening - a young Henfield One in the North Stand first half and together with my mates, at half time we changed ends hoping to see at close quarters an Albion goal or two in the second half. We paid 50p each and went into the South Stand. The next 45 minutes changed my life. Albion 'til I die.

Wardy's U21 international debut at The Goldstone comes second. Gerry's match winning performance v Manchester City comes third.

Great times, great football and so lucky to see such great games.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I agree with a lot of the games mentioned.

However one that was also special was the 0-0 against York City.

Why because it was the first with Brian Clough as our manager. The total excitement in the stadium was amazing!

I can still remember craning my head to see the great man.

paul wickens

Wicko1
Dec 23, 2011
This one. I tried but couldn't get in the ground ! full house

I was at this game as a 12 year old in the west stand and remember vividly all the Spurs fans chasing Brighton out of the North Stand and onto the pitch.

Also, Easter 1978 as Brighton beat Charlton 2-1 in front of lots (30,000 plus) on Good Friday and Bristol Rovers 3-0 on Easter Monday to put Brighton within a point of going up before the Southampton 0-0 with Spurs put the kybosh on promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here