Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could revisit one game from the goldstone era which would it be?

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
The final one, Doncaster 97 - but with the knowledge of the result the next week.
What should have been an unqualified emotional farewell to the Goldstone was overwhelmed with fear and uncertainty of what awaited us at Hereford the following week and thereafter. It began the worst 8 days of my sporting life. Nevertheless when I think of that point in time immediately after Storer's goal.....................'hairs on the back of your neck' time!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Too many to choose from...

The quarter Final V Norwich
Fans United day
When we beat Pompey 1-0 in the cup in the 90's
Millwall in the play off semi's when we scored 4 in the 2nd half
Ipswich at home to win 2-1 in 91
when we drew 2-2, 3-3 won 2-0 against Liverpool and even the 1990 cup replay which went to extra time that we lost.
Even the 1-0 win V United in November 82

I guess out of all of those, it's got to be the Ipswich game with Wilkins' free kick and Digweed's penalty save for me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Man City game 4-1. Think it was in the rain!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
3-1 win home to Spurs in 1978, the Paul Clark wonder goal (60 yard run and slotted home, which for The Tank to even run that far without a rest was itself a miracle).

Spurs fans came on the pitch trying to large, but we stuffed them.

Glorious. Jumpers for goalposts............

This one. I tried but couldn't get in the ground ! full house

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Unquestionably Ipswich 1991. So many individual moments I remember. The several incursions onto the pitch by fans. Digweed running up and down the edge of the penalty box after saving the penalty and ultimately the despairing dive of Phil Parkes as Wilkins curled it past him just after we'd heard Barnsley had scored and gone 6th. I went ****ing mental in the North Stand as a kid. I actually cried tears of joy and even thinking about it now gives me goosebumps. Fans United was special in a different way for its gallows humour and would definitely be second but for sheer unadulterated joy, Ipswich 1991 was the one for me.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
2 - 0 F.A. Cup against Liverpool Feb '84 chilly but bright Sunday afternoon, game was also televised I believe. Corrigan played a blinder, Ryan and Connor scored very similar goals each within minutes of each othe early in the second half and the Liverpool forward line had " ...couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo" sort of afternoon. I remember a Liverpool short corner which went completely wrong with it being passed to fresh air.
Souness out that day the cog that made them tick.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
MARCH 1997 . Brighton 4 - Leyton Orient 4 - I think it was John Robinson who had to wait for ages at the end to take an equalising penalty for Brighton. It was also the game when the " brighton 1" ran onto the pitch and attacked Ray Wilkins . He got a jail sentence . It will always remain one of the most ridiculous and exciting football matches I have ever been to . Wilkins free kick against Ipswich - as it seemed to bend the wrong way and of course the 4-2 win over Newcastle where debutante Bryan wade scored all 4 goals after fat Micky Quinn had put Newcastle 2-0 up . WE NEED MORE GAMES LIKE THESE - COME ON BRIGHTON !!!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Sheffield Wednesday game May 1977 to clinch promotion to Div 2 (Championship for the young 'uns).

Bedlam in front of 33,000 ish.

the one game that will always stick in my mind
great days

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I too would go for the 4-4 against Orient. It had everything. At first it was to be a rout, then they came back into it and the dread of losing the game kicked in. Orient players giving the sign to the North Stand and the hate figure of McGleish appearing. Pitch invasion. Wilkins being attacked. Sending off. A dubious penalty decision to make it 4-4. The game had literally everything.

bob monkhouse

Hmmmm........
Jul 6, 2003
Liphook
MARCH 1997 . Brighton 4 - Leyton Orient 4 - I think it was John Robinson who had to wait for ages at the end to take an equalising penalty for Brighton. It was also the game when the " brighton 1" ran onto the pitch and attacked Ray Wilkins . He got a jail sentence . It will always remain one of the most ridiculous and exciting football matches I have ever been to . !!!!!

This !

This was the first game I took my son to .... It had evrything goals, sending off's, penalties ..... I did tell him after the game not to expect every Albion game to be so exciting !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here