Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottingham Hotspur vs Brighton and Hove Albion

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bad news if your going to be using the trains coming home for this game, the 00.05 Victoria to Worthing/Eastbourne wont run past Haywards Heath with buses to Brighton and Lewes to connect with onwards trains.

The 01.00 to Brighton wont run past Three Bridges either with an onwards bus to Brighton. Still, would all be worth it if we somehow won !!

Correction - NO services between Haywards Heath and Brighton/Lewes/Hove after 11PM that week.

Anyone know what is the best policy? I have only been there once and parking was impossible, so it means parking and taking the train in, which is what we did and that was a Saturday game. As dangerous ground and area as I have been to in the ground where there was quite a lot of fighting and afterwards it was tense.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Anyone know what is the best policy? I have only been there once and parking was impossible, so it means parking and taking the train in, which is what we did and that was a Saturday game. As dangerous ground and area as I have been to in the ground where there was quite a lot of fighting and afterwards it was tense.

Park and take the train in. I for one will be parking at Haywards Heath, possibly a station on the Tonbridge - Hastings line as well. Getting a train, then onto a bus then back onto a train really wont be fun, much easier to drive further to a station, then catch a train from there.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

If you don't mind not drinking on the way you can likely go on Seagulls Travel. I always find them quite reasonable, but if you want to get boozy then coaches no good.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Taking a long time to decide. Seems a no brainer to me, has to be the Tuesday 28th. Spurs won't care about having tired legs for us. And they'd probably rather play Tuesday ahead of the Saturday than the Wednesday.

So when can we commence the moan about not having loyalty points loaded yet?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Working in hounslow probably on the Wednesday, so will drive down iand then park near the ground. Don't fancy faffing with the trains.

Of course that depends on getting a ticket as I haven't been away this season at all. If I don't get one, I am not that fussed as I would prefer to those who follow the team away get one than me.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Hastings - T.Wells route: Train to London Bridge then bus (149 & many others) or walk (15-20mins) or cab (£7 +tip) to Liverpool Street (or Circle line from Cannon Street if that is your final desination). Hamilton Hall is always used by away fans for a few beers pre-match. Train (usually platforms 1-4) to WHL (22 mins) & 5-6 min walk from there. Turn right, 2 mins to High Road & turn right again & other 4 mins from there. Close by is the Irish Centre where away fans are welcome. http://haringey-irish.com/location.html
Or, Liv St to Northumberland Park (15-16 mins) on a normal service or the Stanstead Express (Platforms 1-6, make sure it stops at NP - not all of them do!). 10 min straight walk along Park Lane.
On the return you can get the overground from NP to Tottenham Hale & then the tube to Victoria if it suits.
Haywards Heath route. Train to Victoria. Tube to Seven Sisters, then overground 2 stops to WHL or bus or a 20-25 min walk to the ground.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Confirmed for Weds - from official site@}

Brighton & Hove Albion's Capital One Cup fourth round tie at Tottenham Hotspur will be played on Wednesday 29th September at White Hart Lane, kick-off 7.45pm.
Meanwhile the match scheduled to take place on Friday 31st October against Bournemouth will now be played on Saturday tea time - with a 5.15pm kick-off.
Norwich City's home match with Bolton Wanderers, originally scheduled for this TV slot, has been moved to the Friday night - meaning none of the clubs involved face the prospect of two matches in 48 hours.
Full details of ticketing arrangements and prices for the Spurs fixture will be announced shortly, with tickets expected to go on sale this week, along with the Bournemouth and Huddersfield Town away matches.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/spurs-confirmed-bournemouth-date-changed-1977704.aspx

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Confirmed for Weds - from official site@}

Brighton & Hove Albion's Capital One Cup fourth round tie at Tottenham Hotspur will be played on Wednesday 29th September at White Hart Lane, kick-off 7.45pm.
Meanwhile the match scheduled to take place on Friday 31st October against Bournemouth will now be played on Saturday tea time - with a 5.15pm kick-off.
Norwich City's home match with Bolton Wanderers, originally scheduled for this TV slot, has been moved to the Friday night - meaning none of the clubs involved face the prospect of two matches in 48 hours.
Full details of ticketing arrangements and prices for the Spurs fixture will be announced shortly, with tickets expected to go on sale this week, along with the Bournemouth and Huddersfield Town away matches.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/spurs-confirmed-bournemouth-date-changed-1977704.aspx

What a tinpot club!
They should re-read the wording before posting. They're saying the game is due to be played on the 29th September - TODAY!
Numpties!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here