Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton V Palace the closest derbys

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
In recent times maybe palace do have the most memorable victories, but for many of us in our 40's and 50's who remember the rivalry in the 70's and 80's that isn't true. BHA dominated the games between the two sides in the late 70's and throughout the 80's with palace failing to win a game at the Goldstone through each of those decades.

This , we loved the 3 points which mostly came our way :)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
"M23 derby" is such a shite name

Thats because the teams are so far apart, its the only name they can come up with. FFS...South Coast club bordering the sea v SE London club, stones throw from Millwall and Charlton. Its laughable its even called a derby!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Props for giving our recent spat with the Albion the limelight, but no mention of our oldest and most geographically relevant rivalry with Millwall. Poor show.

Quite.
All older Palace and Millwall fans know the history and who the real rivals have always been. Not an artificially created situation in the tinderbox seventies. A lot of BHA fans refuse to accept the fact that were are naturally neutral and to be fair know nothing different.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I'm not sure I agree with that at all. Yes our rivals were Millwall, but I'd imagine the vast majority of our fans and the vast majority of yours would definitely see each other as rivals. You guys also have a rivalry with Pompey and Southampton, and yes we have one with Millwall (not really with Charlton despite the close proximity...no one really cares about Charlton) but I've always felt Brighton were our main rivalry. I appreciate that it all came out of a spat in the Spurs dressing room when El Tel missed out on the captaincy but it's grown into an organic rivalry and certainly bares no resemblance to a manufactured one anymore.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Under a three-points-for-a-win system, we would have won the Division Two title in 1978/79 and Palace would have finished third.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here