Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homeless people in Brighton & Hove

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Average life expetency of a homeless person is just 47.

Without being glib, that is a lot longer than I think I could survive being homeless. I doubt I could go for five years like that.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
the most well known and visible of them spends the vast majority of his income on heroin. He comfortably earns enough to rent somewhere.

Sadly that doesn't surprise me - you are almost certainly talking about the same person as I was.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Sadly that doesn't surprise me - you are almost certainly talking about the same person as I was.

I am thinking of one on Queens road, where the pavement is much higher than the road, and there are railings. Also one on the corner of Brunswick Sq, Western Road end.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I am thinking of one on Queens road, where the pavement is much higher than the road, and there are railings. Also one on the corner of Brunswick Sq, Western Road end.
The one I encountered was the first of the two you mentioned, although he was on Western Road at the time.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The homelessness in the city does seem to be on the decrease, thankfully. Can remember when I was a kid you'd be innundated with hoardes of parafins grumbling "chaaaange" at you everywhere you turned. Not so much now.

You're kidding right? There are far more people sleeping on the streets now than I be seen for years, and I've been living in town for more than a decade.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
How many actually sleep on the streets though? It's illegal isn't it, and I remember seeing a report which said there were no people in Brighton actually spending all night on the street in Brighton and Hove that they were aware of.

Jan 30, 2008
How many actually sleep on the streets though? It's illegal isn't it, and I remember seeing a report which said there were no people in Brighton actually spending all night on the street in Brighton and Hove that they were aware of.
Get out and have look you daft moo:facepalm:
regards
DR

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Im a doorman at Pryzm at weekends and I've noticed a massive increase in town....

I work at the Brighton centre and those dozen sleeping outside Costa are becoming a pain in the arse.they hound delegates at conferences for money and that staffy they have is ****ing dangerous,the police have Done **** all about it.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Go out and have a look, you might be surprised.

Oct 25, 2003

about 170 at the last count. sleeping rough isn't illegal in itself,you can get threatened with the vagrancy if you refuse housing...very few rough sleepers would refuse housing.

you're right in a sense though...very few sleep in the city centre as its really unsafe. but check places like the back of the thistle hotel and there'll probably be a few sleeping there. also most of the big shelters on the prom have people sleeping there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here