Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Bamber

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Why has this become a topic today?

I appreciate Jr. MB has posted but is it a significant anniversary or something?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

I appreciate Jr. MB has posted but is it a significant anniversary or something?

I was wondering the same?

He was Chairman when I first started watching The Albion, and as Ernest says, dared to dream and changed the way the club saw itself, and was seen by others.

mbamber

Sep 19, 2014

No, it is not a significant time and sorry if you don't see the point but I have always wondered why the club has never honoured my father and thought that someone could provide the answer.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Not that I don't see the point, I was confused as to why you posted yesterday and not in the many intervening years.

The end of Mike's Chairmanship was at the very beginning of my albion supporting so I cannot really comment from personal experience but from what I have read he was indeed well regarded and is probably worthy of some official recognision.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Way I see things, and I first started going at the end of MB's reign, is that Bamber taught us how to dream, Knight kept us alive whilst bloom has woken us up again! Archer was of course the nightmare amongst all that.

Mike Bamber will always be fondly remembered and it is a shame he's not officially recognised more. But let there be no doubt, he's still very much talked about and remembered in fan circles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here