Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So f****** happy for the man from Argentina

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Do you reckon he has a chance of getting called up by Argentina?

I wouldn't have put a penny on it before, but that game will have gone round the world, as will the fact he now has five in five in the Premier League.

Maybe not impossible as a fourth/fifth striker offering something a bit different. Leo and Messi leading the line... :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I wouldn't have put a penny on it before, but that game will have gone round the world, as will the fact he now has five in five in the Premier League.

Maybe not impossible as a fourth/fifth striker offering something a bit different. Leo and Messi leading the line... :)

Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, Tevez, Lavezzi etc etc
They have an absolute TON of attacking talent.

Stranger things have happened though - maybe for a tinpot friendly when the AFA are looking to curry favour with the big clubs by giving the big names a rest?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Most other countries, you'd think the national team manager would definitely be having a look. Then you remember they have Aguero, Messi, Higuain and so on, and that's before you even look at the attacking midfielder options :)

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Shame he didn't net a few more for us last season....but lovely to see him on the scoresheet today.

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean

Argiephile

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm pleased for him, he did his best for us and was destined for a bigger club with his abilities. Was thinking of slipping him in to my fantasy team last week but stuck with Naismith like a fool. doh !

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
For some reason, Tom Hark, Preston Park had a wager with me (he offered, too) that Barnes would score more than Ulloa this season. The deal was £20 to REMF.
Can Tom Hark pay up now please? I'll even agree to pay £200 to REMF if it transpires that Barnes does so.

Mods: any chance you can let Tom Hark, Preston Park know of this?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Errrr....I'd be 'f****** happy' if he was playing for us and scoring goals for us rather than Leicester City, a team I don't give a toss about, so forgive me if I don't get too carried away on this one, lovely bloke that Leo is as a person notwithstanding.

He would not be getting the service he enjoys at Leicester,good luck to him, also to Gus who realised he had to move on if he wanted more success.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm happy for the chap and of course most pleased for him to give one to Man U. I wonder if upon retirement in a good few years one of his underlip muff hairs will be found in a Leicester museum holding a 1000lbs of lead, like this one:

superman408.jpg

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Top Scorers
7 Diego Costa (Chelsea)
5 Ulloa (Leicester)
3 Agüero (Man City)

Hope goals scored are part of the add-on's for the fee.
At least he is with a club who knows and plays to his strengths

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Spot on fella. I think he's got it, and so far he is proving that to be the case. We were never going to hold on to him, so good luck to the lad. He has left us with some good memories and a shit load of cash.

Couldn't agree more, behaved like a true professional during the transfer proceedings and not a spoilt brat, like others.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Errrr....I'd be 'f****** happy' if he was playing for us and scoring goals for us rather than Leicester City, a team I don't give a toss about, so forgive me if I don't get too carried away on this one, lovely bloke that Leo is as a person notwithstanding.

This is of course true, but to be fair the OP was only saying how pleased he was for Leo, not us. And I'll be pleased too if there's a bit more dough to come now he's making his mark at Leicester. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here