Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing at the end...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ipswich BG, Ipswich.

Fine.

Against Ipswich we started with CMS and Baldock up front and this forced Ipswich to play football near their own box and they werent a threat but then CMS was taken off and this allowed Ipswich space to play the ball 15 -20 yds further up the field and as a result their right back was able to get into our box to score their first goal. He had been nowhere near our box for the previous hour. Today the same two would have forced Blackpool back and they are not good enough to have lasted 90 mins having pressure put on them. We also had Ince to help out the defence but that wasnt so essential today as Backpool were very poor up front.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
How dare anybody boo these young men on £10,000 a week shame on you
I've spent virtually all my Wages this month following the Albion against Charlton, Brentford, Ipswich & Blackpool (travel tickets beers programmes hotels)
How dare anybody boo these precious darlings and SAMMI Hyppia
SHAME ON YOU
SHAME ON YOU

Apr 12, 2011
Didn't boo myself but it was quite widespread from where I was standing. Certainly didn't clap them off the pitch as I didn't feel they deserved it, refused to at Ipswich too.

This doesn't make me fickle, I just feel that it shouldn't be expected. At the same time we could lose 5-0 but if I've seen them put in all they can, I'll clap them all the same.

To me it felt like there was a lack of passion and lack of urgency, even in the last few minutes. Simple passes going astray, no excuses really at this level.

I still have faith that things will come good, we certainly have enough quality in the squad. Please to hear that Sami has been honest enough to admit that certain players didn't put the effort in, refreshingly honest.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This anti-booing is sanctimonious bollocks. I'd rather have someone who sang their heart out during the game then booed a bit at the end than have fans that made no noise at all.

Apr 12, 2011
Totally agree, although Hyppia may say that it doesn't help anyone, I think it's to the contrary.

If it helps the players realise that it wasn't good enough and they need to up their game then surely that can only be a good thing.

On the other hand clapping and cheering them off the pitch...what is that going to achieve?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Can't believe how many stayed till the 96th minute today and supported the team till the final whistle with chants of ALBION etc etc, so a few booed out of frustration at the end because we couldn't beat the worst side to ever play at the Amex who also only had 10 men for the last 14 minutes
OH BOO HOO were some of you internet geeks ever at the goldstone when we used to boo as well when our beloved team under performed against the worst team in the league
A team today of No hopers patched together, the team we all laughed at with only 11 players signed on at one stage with only 1 yes one point from 7 games
But today they came to the Amex today and got their 2nd point of the season with 10 men for the last 14 minutes but please don't BOO THE ALBION and show your frustration clap the team off because they deserve it

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I never boo, have never done. But thought today was justified. It was a shameful performance, the only player that seemed to care was Bruno. Everyone else was static until they decided to play after the 88th minute.

Worst performance i have seen for a long long time. We will be looking at the bottom of the table rather than the top. Hello league one.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I never boo, have never done. But thought today was justified. It was a shameful performance, the only player that seemed to care was Bruno. Everyone else was static until they decided to play after the 88th minute.

Worst performance i have seen for a long long time. We will be looking at the bottom of the table rather than the top. Hello league one.
I thought Bruno had a stinker, none of his crosses were any good, blocked or over hit.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The problem with booing is you have to read a thread on here to find out who people were booing. And even then, people cannot agree. Oh well.

Perhaps it will spur them on - remember the booing after the Bournemouth home game early in Gus's reign? We went on to win the league......

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Football is pantomime, therefore booing is part of the fun.

I'm sure if Bobby Davro is booed every time he appears on stage when playing the Evil Count in Snow White and the Seven BBC Paedophile Presenters at Clacton in December (tickets still available) it doesn't impact upon his performance the following day.

The players will go home, feel a bit rubbish for a few hours, then give their extremely attractive wives/girlfriends a damn good seeing to and forget all about the boos, whilst we're all frothing at the mouth here on NSC, I know I would if in their position (reverse cowgirl followed by an Adam Ant.......probably).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here