Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipad Gurus

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Hi Nscers

I am looking for some advice regarding Ipads. I have had one for a few years but only used it for browsing and a few games. All my office documents are on my laptop.

My laptop is on the way out, so rather than replacing it, I would like to use the ipad. I have seen that there are numerous apps to use to create directories and folders, and many to use with office documents and pdf's,

This is where I am struggling, there are too many solutions being touted. Does anyone on here use there Ipad as essentially a PC, and if so can you tell me which applications you use?

tia

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pages (Word) and Numbers (Excel) are excellent and don't cost you a bean.

You can use MS Office with an Office 365 subscription, if you want to go down that route.

The biggest thing to advise: don't buy an iPad now. New ones are likely to be announced on October 21st.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Also, there is now iCloud Drive so you can save files online. Not sure how well it works (not tried it yet) but should do the job for you.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Thanks people. I have downloaded pages and numbers for free. I now want to replicate the folder structure I have on my laptop and PC so I can transfer over all my documents.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks people. I have downloaded pages and numbers for free. I now want to replicate the folder structure I have on my laptop and PC so I can transfer over all my documents.

Use Dropbox. Download the app for your PC (or Mac) and then create your directory structure within the Dropbox folder that gets created and automatically syncs to the cloud. You will then be able to access all your files from anywhere within the structure you are familiar with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here