Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bellotti at it again

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
A council committee is to review a decision to make a £500K loan for a solar farm scheme made by the authority's leader and a senior cabinet member.

Bath and North East Somerset Council’s Policy Development & Scrutiny Panel for Resources will be reviewing the decision made on September 2 by council leader Paul Crossley and cabinet member for community resources, David Bellotti, about in principle providing a loan into the Wilmington Farm Solar Array.

After the loan was revealed, ten councillors formally asked for the decision to be reviewed - or called-in. The panel will discuss the matter when it meets on Monday, September 29, at 10am at The Guildhall, Bath

At the public meeting, the Scrutiny Panel will receive a statement from the cabinet members, and from councillor Liz Richardson, on behalf of the ten councillors.

The matter will be discussed at the next panel meeting later this month.

This cross-party panel for resources will consider reasons for the decision and the call-in request, before recommending one of three options:

1.the Cabinet Members should reconsider their decision;
2.the Cabinet Members should proceed as agreed, or
3. it should refer the matter to full Council to review the decision-making process (if this option is chosen, the final decision would still reside with the Cabinet Members).

Councillor Robin Moss, chairman for the call-in said: “It is important to scrutinise financial decisions as Bath & North East Somerset Council has a good reputation for sound financial management.”

Anyone who would like to give their views ahead of the meeting, or speak at the meeting can contact Democratic Services on 01225 394411 by 5pm on Wednesday September 24, 2014.

Alternatively, written submission, by the same deadline, can be submitted by email to scrutiny@bathnes.gov.uk or in writing to: Policy Development & Scrutiny Team, Solar Array Loan Call-In, The Guildhall, Bath, BA1 5AW.

Read more: http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/B-NE...tory-22951273-detail/story.html#ixzz3DmS6NEIB
Follow us: @BathChron on Twitter | BathChron on Facebook

Read more at http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/B-NE...2951273-detail/story.html#tXsEMy0v2U6gs1Uk.99

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...aaaand it's david Bellotti
David Bellotti MP
He's by far the biggest wanker
The world has ever seen.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Beggars belief...

Making an 'in principle' decision to support a local business venture. And then being called in by the NIMBY's.

Dreadful scenes. Down with this sort of thing.

Oh, I'm meant to be outraged at him. Ooops.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I hate him. I'll always hate him.

But I'm not sure what your point is here.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Didnt we hire a Hit man too?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I hate him. I'll always hate him.

But I'm not sure what your point is here.

I guess he's just putting it out there as a mildly amusing anecdote of Bellotti- potentially- failing at life once again.

Whilst thankfully, the man's name rarely enters my head these days, I can't say I mind hearing about things going tits up for him. Petty and vindictive, I know :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here