Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Salmond resigns

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I think he did amazingly well to be honest. He got an SNP majority at Holyrood, he got a referendum, and lets be fair, gave everyone a bloody great scare in coming so close to ending the UK as we know it. He's also secured some big concessions for Scotland from Westminster.

I think he'll be remembered as a good statesmen and a strong campaigner. I didn't agree with much that he said, but he was a convincing orator and I'm sure he most likely has a lucrative future ahead of him away from politics.

Fought a good fight, and has engaged an unprecedented number of the electorate in the issues. Well done Alex, and best of luck.

Could not agree more.

I didn't want the Scots to leave, for my own selfish reasons, but he has achieved massive changes in Scotland, and people there have a lot to thank him for.

If I was Scottish, in Scotland, I don't know how I'd have voted, but I suspect it would have been 'Yes'.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Perhaps he'll join fellow Scottish charlatan, Tony Blair, minting it on the US lecture circuit.

Blair may have been born in Scotland, and he spent a small part of his childhood there, but I am afraid that his upbringing was too English, he's not that easily disowned...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Could not agree more.

I didn't want the Scots to leave, for my own selfish reasons, but he has achieved massive changes in Scotland, and people there have a lot to thank him for.

If I was Scottish, in Scotland, I don't know how I'd have voted, but I suspect it would have been 'Yes'.

A fool. But you're an honest one.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think he did amazingly well to be honest. He got an SNP majority at Holyrood, he got a referendum, and lets be fair, gave everyone a bloody great scare in coming so close to ending the UK as we know it. He's also secured some big concessions for Scotland from Westminster.

I think he'll be remembered as a good statesmen and a strong campaigner. I didn't agree with much that he said, but he was a convincing orator and I'm sure he most likely has a lucrative future ahead of him away from politics.

Fought a good fight, and has engaged an unprecedented number of the electorate in the issues. Well done Alex, and best of luck.

Yes yes yes. But he's still a loser. Joins the same political class as Hitler ultimately. Sold the entire country a false story but eventually people saw sense. I believe there are still people in Germany harking on about the 3rd reich golden years. Misguided fools, can take generations to eradicate such nonsense. Alex salmon has a lot to answer for. And Mel Gibson, the racist...:rock::fishing:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I didn't agree with much he said either but he was a conviction politician. No surprise at the resignation, I do believe Scottish Independence has hit the ceiling.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yes yes yes. But he's still a loser. Joins the same political class as Hitler ultimately. Sold the entire country a false story but eventually people saw sense. I believe there are still people in Germany harking on about the 3rd reich golden years. Misguided fools, can take generations to eradicate such nonsense. Alex salmon has a lot to answer for. And Mel Gibson, the racist...:rock::fishing:

And you called me a fool...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well, yes, I'm honest, I'll give you that.

I'm not sure that you have argued conclusively in support of your contention that I am a fool, though.

This will conclude matters: who is more the fool? The fool? Or the fool who follows? :cheery:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That is total rubbish (except for the Gibson bit who is completely:mad::tantrum:), as well you know. :fishing: indeed !!! :flypig: more like.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And you called me a fool...

Sorry, I'm fishing. No offence. Beyond Alex Salmon is a bit irritating. And a loser. I stand by that. Says so in the poll.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

F*ck me, I've hit the single malt tonight, but clearly I've got some catching up to do! :stupid:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
F*ck me, I've hit the single malt tonight, but clearly I've got some catching up to do! :stupid:

News just breaking: Alex Salmon is like a fish out of water tonight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here