Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What really GRINDS YOUR GEARS?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
People who say 'could of' instead of 'could have'. They probly should of worked harder in English lessons.

Absof*ckinglutely. If anything makes my piss fizz that's it Oh, and the seemingly endless use of lol ...uuuurgh!

People who let their dog poop without picking it up.
Pedestrians who don't acknowledge when you stop to let them cross roads.
Mums on mobiles rather than talking to their toddlers/babies
Young parents complaining about living conditions rather than getting a home sorted before sprogging.
People that claim immigration is good for diversity.
People who claim to be too poor to eat properly(but smoke,drink and spend a fortune on mobiles)
People who wear replica kits over the age of 12.
People who destroy their gardens/nature just to get three cars parked out front.
WHAT A MISERABLE GIT:facepalm: BEST STOP HERE TBH.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The utter mess you see as a train leaves a station. Tumbledown shacks, rusting signal boxes, old rusty bits of machinery, all overgrown and under maintained. It's no surprise this stuff can't run properly. Get it tidied up.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The americanisation of our children. Senior school is now High school, they don't have end if term discos they have Proms with limos and days out at beauty spas to get ready for them, this obsession teenage boys seem to have with the gym, ridiculously overdeveloped arms in a tight Hollister top but skinny everywhere else and all kind if clean cut. They all look slightly bent to me and they all hang out at milkshake or chicken shops. Do what every generation before you has done and find a shitty pub that will serve you.

And the marketing that is directed at parents and kids is ridiculous. I'm only taking the kids I know as an example but days out are solely kid related, it's all about the kids choices, the kids food, the kids toys at the gift shop. Unbelievable. I'm all for quality time with your kids but how parents have fallen for this marketing is boggling.
When I were a pup kid centred days out were for birthdays and Christmas, rest if the year's days out were usually being dragged round some English Heritage site and if we didn't whine too much we might get an ice cream and a pencil sharpener from the gift shop. Maybe one of those weird fluffy things with boggly eyes and sticky feet with a tab coming out of its rear end saying "Bird World".

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I quite enjoyed this 'educated' post on the BBS about us:

i don't often comment but work commintments mean that i often pop onto the NSC for a quick chortel and i have to admit it's been comedy gold since the end of last season, always is actually but since the end of the season the tarquins have all got there thongs in a right old twist due to there lack of signings,then they get queen sami and sign someunproven under 21's from the scousers and some yam yam from villa that could'nt get in there team beacuse they've realised they've actually got quite a good squad this year and he's a reject and then lets not forget mr o'grady,money well spent Mr Bloom. Certainly enough to get the most uneducated group of excuses for football fans excited anyway and fool them into a top six finish. Theres more chance of the Queen giving William and Harry a blow job during a royal excursion to new zealand. Thankgod for queen sami's connections and a decreped irish bloke to link up with greer,how there not in the top two with the size crowds they get i'll never know

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"£12.20 please, madam"

Oh I've got a voucher in here somewhere for 8p off those chicken nuggets. Hang on
#rummage rummage#
There.

Oh, I must give you my clubcard.
#rummage rummage rummage#

"£12.08 please"

People that can't subtract 8p from £12.20

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Sniffing on train journeys - get yourself a hankie and blow your nose!

BBC insisting everything is ACROSS the BBC e.g. The Grand Prix will be 'across' the BBC!

The way all of those interesting documentary series have the same script and editing e.g. Coast, the one about the Olmecs I saw last week

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
  • People who actually touch your computer screen instead of just pointing.
Absolutely this.

Also people who, in reaction to a comment that is derogatory about something they enjoy, reply 'oh you're just saying that because it's cool to hate xxxxxxxx'.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anything to do with Facebook, but most especially people who post those old style two-tone pictures of women in a domestic setting with some 'hilario' quote.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
- It's been mentioned, but the people who eat the food in supermarkets before they've purchased it. I don't care if little Timmy is hungry, the little shit can wait. Oh, and stop him from running around or i'll put him in our cardboard baler.

- People who don't put unwanted items back where they belong. Oh, you have to walk the other side of the shop to put that back? Boo ****ing hoo. It might help you lose some weight, you fat trollope.

- Can you tell I work in retail yet? The people who come up and ask you where the item is, that is right in ****ing front of them. Perhaps have a look at the signs on the shelves...blimey, Stevie Wonder could have worked it out before you.

- People who use shitspeak to sound more important than they are. I got an email the other day from a company starting with "I’m looking for a extra partner to help me monetise some of the inventory". I officially don't give a shit what you're trying to achieve now, you've told me in that sentence that you're a pretentious arse.

- People who think that anything from those heinous "the only way is chelsea shore" or whateverthe****theyrecalled. No, those types of shows aren't 'aspirational', you're just not cut out for life.

- People who share lot of 'causes' on Facebook when they've clearly no real idea about what goes on in the world that doesn't occur beyond their own eyesight. Also, I know you, don't pretend to be all enlightened when you've just shared a story from ****ing Heat magazine, you dappy mare.

- People using the word 'cheeky'. Someone (again, it's Facebook) often says he is having a 'cheeky' pint. I'm going to have a 'cheeky' session stoving his head in with a spade. Lol!!!11!

- 1&1. Appalling excuse for a company.

- People in Marketing/PR circles that have the spelling & grammar that would disappoint a toddler.

- People who still play Farmville.

- People that share stories on social media that are a) quite clearly untrue or b) easy to find out with a quick Google/Snopes search. These can usually be found from Britain First, or talk about 'OMG Facebook will start charging u if u dn't share dis 2 20 friends". These people need to be euthanised.

- People who think that uploading a video to YouTube of them talking shit automatically makes them a 'youtuber'. Listen mate, you've got about 200 views spanning 150 videos...you're boring, **** off and leave us alone.

- People who claim to be a 'professional' at something yet they've not earned any money doing it. Usually happens in my industry (web design) by those who think that owning a copy of Photoshop or Dreamweaver somehow makes them God.

- Piers Morgan

- Continually positive people. Have you never had a bad mood before? Go on, have a rant. It's quite fulfilling. Also, stop saying that we should all be 'blessed' because its a beautiful day. No, we don't now **** off and do some yoga or eat a flower.

There's more, but I should do some work.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
One I've noticed recently is people typing 'his' instead of 'he's'? Utterly baffling how they've even come to the conclusion that that's acceptable.

Also 'service charges' included in the bill. I'll give a tip at my own discretion if I get exceptional service rather than being forced to hand out money to someone for bringing me a plate, I could do that myself.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Also, parents who, when taking their kids to school, see someone they wish to talk to and then stop right where they are and natter away as if the pavement was theirs and theirs alone rather than crowded full of people trying to get past.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Half dead , shit talking, experts on everything pub regulars who sit up at the bar doing crosswords or boring people. Fine at 2 o clock on a Wednesday afternoon but on a Friday night just **** off out of the way. Especially when they've been out for a smoke and come back to barge their way back into their seat ignoring the 4 deep queue at the bar.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Overweight 40 something's wearing DC trainers, Billabong shorts and Animal Tee shirts from Sports Direct.Have some effing dignity man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here