Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What really GRINDS YOUR GEARS?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Like everyone else I have loads but if I were to find 2 it would be:

* Lateness, particularly people who are late for everything all the time. It is very rude.
* Slowness, people that take an age to do the simplest of tasks (getting money from a cashpoint, walking somewhere, paying at a till)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Drivers who are too ignorant, too stupid, too lazy or too selfish to take a right turn without massively cutting the corner, thus driving 30 yards down the wrong side of the road they are turning into.

I have a word for them.

It is 'pricks'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The fat middle-aged noise machine sat at the desk next to mine. I think we've covered this elsewhere, though...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People chewing food/gum with their mouths open, or talking whilst chewing
People (invariably women for some reason) who get to the shop till, wait for the amount to be confirmed, THEN start rummaging in their cavernous handbags for a purse. Get yer flippng card out while you are waiting FFS !
Drivers not using indicators at roundabouts
Drivers who slam on their brakes to turn and then indicate
Feet, or bags, on seats on trains
Keypad tones not turned off, especially train passengers
Crappy headphones (special mention for Apple)
People eating fast food on trains (as well as the awful smell of the food, they typically seem to be chompers as above)
Treadmill hogging in the gym by pairs of people side by side who are walking gently and chatting. For ages.
'Can I get'
'Like', as in, like using it, like, all the time in sentences
City centre car parking charges
Most daytime TV

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Employees who are indoctrinated by their employer so much that they say "we". A company, to me, is always "them". This happens a lot in banks.

Your average brainwashed teller or call centre agent can't see the irony, earning their £13k per year, as the guys at the top earn that in an hour.

"We" indeed

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Adverts that are dubbed. If you are a company and you want me to spend my money on your product, please spend a bit of your money in producing an English advert instead of over-dubbing some European rubbish.

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
Eastenders
Slowness
Dominic Littlewood
Lack of spacial awareness
Bad breath/teeth
Fat women, I mean REALLY fat. epically fat men too!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
In theatre;

Lazy actors/performers with an amazing CV, who are lazy as **** and phone in their performances in major shows for good money, but are well connected and know when "important people" are in (producers, directors, casting agents) and only try on those shows.

Some of these people are paid several grand a week, there are thousands of able performers unemployed, but they take it for granted. As always the people who suffer most are the average punter, who pays upwards of £60 per ticket to see some jumped up luvvie going through the motions

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Adverts that are dubbed. If you are a company and you want me to spend my money on your product, please spend a bit of your money in producing an English advert instead of over-dubbing some European rubbish.

And there is always that very slightly grainy quality to the footage as well.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My favourite driving ones:

- People who don't put their lights on when it's CHUCKING it down with rain.
- People who put their fog lights on when it's raining.
- People who put their fog lights on when there's one molecule of water vapour per cubic kilometre of air.
- People who indicated right to go round a roundabout but then never left to come off it again, thus causing a queue of traffic.
- People who drive at 40mph whatever the speed limit, so you're stuck behind them for miles, then they speed off through a town/village.
- People who have their Satnav right in the middle of their windscreen - it's not supposed to be an alternative to looking out of the windscreen.
- People who use their horns as a greeting.
- People who park on zig-zags.
- People who go completely over the wrong side of the road when making a right turn.
- People who go forwards into a parking space then take hours to reverse out.
- People who drive an inch from your bumper.
- People who flash you repeatedly to try to get you out of their way on the motorway when you're doing 80 but they want to do 100mph.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
People chewing food/gum with their mouths open, or talking whilst chewing
People (invariably women for some reason) who get to the shop till, wait for the amount to be confirmed, THEN start rummaging in their cavernous handbags for a purse. Get yer flippng card out while you are waiting FFS !
Drivers not using indicators at roundabouts
Drivers who slam on their brakes to turn and then indicate
Feet, or bags, on seats on trains
Keypad tones not turned off, especially train passengers
Crappy headphones (special mention for Apple)
People eating fast food on trains (as well as the awful smell of the food, they typically seem to be chompers as above)
Treadmill hogging in the gym by pairs of people side by side who are walking gently and chatting. For ages.
'Can I get'
'Like', as in, like using it, like, all the time in sentences
City centre car parking charges
Most daytime TV

All of these! Although I confess to eating fast food on a train, usually after an Albion game in London, late at night after quite a few beers, sorry.

My pet hate is the women at tills you mention but it drives me mad when they do it on buses! How can they wait 10 minutes at the bus stop and not get their money or ticket ready until they are on the bus! Had a new one earlier this week, woman with 2 young kids had her e-ticket on her mobile which took her ages to find and then having found it, one of the little kids said something like "I want to do it" so she passed the phone to the kid who was too short for the diver to see the phone and she had to lift the kid up so the driver could see the ticket on the phone! Look here you stupid cow, this bus is not your private taxi, there are loads of us on it that just want to get to work! Think about others for once in your selfish life!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here