Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs in Horsham

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Rising Sun on Pondtail Road used to be okay but is a fair few years since I was last there. Used to have a proper old bar billiards table in there.

Still has AFAIK, so does the Stout House.

The Crown is worth a look from time to time, as is Piries and B52s.

Also the Queens Head has slightly improved in recent years.

Basically any town centre pub is OK these days.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
So far I've been in Piries and The Anchor and they were really nice, thanks for the tips!!!! Might give the bear a go at some point. Went to the Sussex Barn a couple of weekends ago and didn't think much of it if I'm honest. I've also been in the Stout House a couple of times, as it's across the road from the bus stop back to Worthing, not hideous (and took £70 out of their fruity), but I can't say the beer was that great.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It looks very much like I will be moving to Horsham soon, anyone tell me where's nice and where's crap in the town centre?!? So far I've been to the anchor, which is plenty nice enough, and 30 seconds walk from where I'm moving to. Anywhere else?!?!
Unlucky its full of fleece wearing weirdos.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Another vote for a trip to the Bax Castle, lovely little place. You can't go too far wrong unless you end up in the Lynd Cross, to be fair. It used to be quite fun when you could watch the fights break out between the people spilling out from the Lynd and the people spilling out of the Green Dragon. Always good for a laugh.

Haven't had a decent session in ages in Horsham, but Mrs Grombleton hails from there and I spent a lot of time there with her. It's a nice part of the world, just the shopping side has gone to pot in recent years.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Another vote for a trip to the Bax Castle, lovely little place. You can't go too far wrong unless you end up in the Lynd Cross, to be fair. It used to be quite fun when you could watch the fights break out between the people spilling out from the Lynd and the people spilling out of the Green Dragon. Always good for a laugh.

Haven't had a decent session in ages in Horsham, but Mrs Grombleton hails from there and I spent a lot of time there with her. It's a nice part of the world, just the shopping side has gone to pot in recent years.

I dunno, it's not anywhere near as bad as Worthing, seems like very few empty shops, and Horshams council actually appears to have an interest in keeping its town looking as smart, yet pretty, as possible.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I dunno, it's not anywhere near as bad as Worthing, seems like very few empty shops, and Horshams council actually appears to have an interest in keeping its town looking as smart, yet pretty, as possible.

Oh, i agree - Worthing is pants for shopping...and for most things, really. Horsham over the years has been overrun by numerous restaurants/cafes/eateries and have lost some great shops over the years. Given the choice, i'd happily move up to Horsham (I did look up there, but Littlehampton was far more affordable) as I do love the town.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I was born in Horsham, but not so keen on it now, there's some great restaurants but the shopping and some of the pubs really let the place down, Swan Wal could be so much better

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I think the shopping is far superior to many places (of similar size) plus a big John Lewis is going up on Bishopric. Compared to HH, BH, and East Grimstead it has loads more on offer

Last edited:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Another one to add is the Foresters Arms on St Leonards Road more of a country feel than town pub but it does have a reasonable garden for the summer evenings.

If we are stretching the boundaries of Horsham to include Warnham or Rusper then the Sussex Oak always has a decent selection of ale and the Royal Oak on Friday Street although avoid the Royal Oak if you are a lager drinker this is definately a real ale stronghold.

Kings arms is still open but not good.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Still has AFAIK, so does the Stout House.

The Crown is worth a look from time to time, as is Piries and B52s.

Also the Queens Head has slightly improved in recent years.

Basically any town centre pub is OK these days.

B52s if you want to pay a King's ransom for a bottle of bud!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here