Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positives from tonight

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've not been jumping up and down saying I was bored last season.

I guess I could say my point is ... 'be careful what you wish for'.

As energised as I was by the Bolton win, I'm a long way from being convinced this season will be better on any level than last.
Last year at Ipswich was a million times worse than tonight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Generally looked better defensively bar of course 2 lapses against the run of the play. Ince alongside Holla gave us a better defensive balance for away games so cannot see Crofts making the team away from home. CMS and Baldock looked good together and will score goals and cause teams problems. With all the best will in the world Lua Lua will not make it in the centre and needs to go at players on the wing. Greer is showing his ability with some glorious 40 yd cross field passes. All in all disapointing result, satisfactory performance that with a little luck would have brought us points. We deserved at least 1.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The biggest positive tonight was the meal deal Steak and Ale Pie Chips and Hot drink for £5.50 far better in value for money and the quality of the pie than The Amex. Well done Ipswich.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The biggest positive tonight was the meal deal Steak and Ale Pie Chips and Hot drink for £5.50 far better in value for money and the quality of the pie than The Amex. Well done Ipswich.

...apart from them not having any chips!

....nor any mustard for my hot dog!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Generally looked better defensively bar of course 2 lapses against the run of the play. Ince alongside Holla gave us a better defensive balance for away games so cannot see Crofts making the team away from home. CMS and Baldock looked good together and will score goals and cause teams problems. With all the best will in the world Lua Lua will not make it in the centre and needs to go at players on the wing. Greer is showing his ability with some glorious 40 yd cross field passes. All in all disapointing result, satisfactory performance that with a little luck would have brought us points. We deserved at least 1.

well summed up

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If we lose to Blackpool on Saturday then I think SH is in trouble…

If not, he damn well should be. We've certainly gone backwards this season (so far).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I did too although i did miss most of the first half. One thing i noticed is soon after CMS went off their defence were playing a higher line as CMS wasn't there to keep them deeper which in turn i felt was partly responsible for their first goal

It seems the easy / fashionable thing to do at the mo - slag CMS off because he's not the most technically gifted player & cost a lot of money... Also thought Baldock did well & looked dangerous...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well there are so many... I'll start with a couple of negatives:

Poor finishing cost us
We are too vulnerable & over exposed at the back - particularly down the wings if the midfielders don't go wide to cover defensively...

Positives...
We created more than them and they're a c good team. We went away & created plenty of chances. Id actually say we were the better team I honestly would! CMS & Baldock looked v good running the channels. Baldock's pace was surprising, altho he did take a poor touch to cause their first goal. Some of our passing moves are exceptional - the movement is the best it's been since the Amex era IMO.

Holla is a brilliant find & I can wait to see him Crofts & Stephens in the middle. Bruno and Benno actually did well considering how exposed they both were at times. All in all there's a lot of positives to take again here!

Sorry for the note form thread - I appreciate not everyone will agree with every point but I really feel we played well tonight away from home!

Positives: Never listen to BBC Radio Sussex again commentating Brightons footy matches :tantrum:
I was listening to the game last night whilst travelling to Tunbridge Wells, we were doing well, so I thought this is promising after the Brentford result.
Looked on BBC text for result............OH MY GOD :sick::sick::sick:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Last year at Ipswich was a million times worse than tonight.

Holy crap was it. Last seasons game was utterly DIRE. It was a disappointing result caused by frustratingly annoying errors last night. I'd agree with the OP that it wasn't all bad, some good points well made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here