Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-150914-l229-1917252_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
11:00 16th September 2014
by James Hilsum
I want to win, but it will be a tough game and we need to defend a lot better than we did at Brentford."
Sami Hyypia

Sami Hyypia is looking for a response from his players when Brighton & Hove Albion take on Ipswich Town tonight.Albion are looking to bounce back from Saturday's 3-2 defeat at Brentford but the Seagulls boss is expecting a high-pressing game from the Tractor Boys.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Mick McCarthy's teams usually like to press the opposition a little bit and I would think that being an ex-centre-back, this is very important for him.
“His teams are also very organised and play with a high tempo. That’s one thing we’re going to face in one-on-one situations and we need to cope with that.
“I want to win, but it will be a tough game and we need to defend a lot better than we did at Brentford.
“We talk about the mental side of the game almost every day and it’s easier to have concentration in the next game when you have lost the previous one. When you are winning then it is sometimes more difficult to find that same level of concentration to do the same again.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The Finn says his squad are in good shape as they go through a hectic period of fixtures in September and is encouraging the players to use the fans’ expectations as an advantage going into the games ahead.“I’m quite happy with the squad we have at the moment and can’t moan about things, but to have that success, many small details have to go your way otherwise you’re not going to get the results. I’m not a big believer in luck and I think the actions you do will force luck to be on your side. We need to do our work on the pitch tonight to make sure that happens.
“As a manager I understand that the fans have expectations of how the club will do and it makes things more exciting. When the expectations are there then you make more of an effort to match them, but you can’t take the expectations as an extra pressure because that would be foolish.
“I have my own targets and expectations, but keep them to myself. I am ambitious and those things make me want to do my job as best as possible.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h]saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h]TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h]saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here